Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Micro Magic Yachts  (Read 69534 times)

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
Re: Micro Magic RTR
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »

Know the feelin we used shalts on the landy

I got an email from the guys/club saying the next race is wens at 5pm  :-))

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 07:58:17 pm »

hoping to get there , but im collecting some more bits for the car wednesday , and i need to sort the rear brakes out , got my gf enlisted to bleed the new wheel cylinders with me , if i wasnt on the first floor of a block of flats id probably have used the compressor and sprayed the underside , but this time it was brushed on , the only downside to needing to sort the car means less time to sort the sailing boat out for wednesday . but as with most hobbies mygf & i need the car more than sitting at the lakeside !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 08:59:10 pm »

Fair does  :-) motors should always come first

Will be down there on sat too

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 10:51:07 pm »

yes ive only owned this one for 6 months so its still a bit of unknown quantity yet , the last triumph had been with me for around three years , and was almost completly rebuilt in that time inc a conversion from auto to manual o/d in a weekend !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 09:09:43 pm »

Hi Hi update from today windy sail, about half an inch deep of salty water in the hull, all over the batterys   :(( lucky the RX was on the keel box and under the deck, hmm totally sealing it for next time  O0 its got in im guessin through the hatch or and the line outlets, she need abit more weight in the stern to stop her stuffin down wind

Daniel

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »

Just weighed her and shes 850g with out the battery pack and 963.8g with the battery pack  :-))

All the best

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 10:32:11 pm »

not suprising you got a little water inboard , even mine was being blown flat ! all sailing vessels ive ever used ive placed my receiver inside of a balloon , it seems to help keep the wet stuff at bay , but doesnt affect the signal ! i did notice that clive is running his rx on AAA dry cells although i didnt like the battery box or its connections , being the type found on a pp3 battery , and the wires twisted together to plug into the rx ( no switch as apparently it weighs too much ! ) jon

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 11:52:14 pm »

I think im going to stick with the 4 aa's atm, component shop sells some good batterys though might get one in the next few weeks. Will have to put some weight in the stern though because i cant move my battery back anymore because of its size. Have changed a line or two as well so the jib sits lower

Next time maybe sat im going to turn it all on before leaving and seal the yacht at home, cant afford to be trashin electric atm  <:(

I guess clive is abit faster because his boat is uber light but then again he does sail very good, mines probs going to be topin over 1000g on sat  %% Me dad saw clive today and he said clive was down at the lake trimin and settin his yacht up again lol so will probs be even faster on sat

Oh and you so left at the right time on wens! after you left it poored down none stop and me Tx was soaked, water dripin outa it and everything lol so from now on dry sailing only pmsl  :-))

Got say though i do like the wooden boat, just looks right on the water

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 07:32:00 am »

do you have any silicone grease you can put around the hatch ? where is the outlet for the jib line ? i seem to think its just a hole in the fore deck , which could be the source of the leak ? ? 

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 12:25:16 pm »

Yeah its just a raised hole, but i think most of the water probs did come in the hatch because when i kept takin it outa the water and tippin it, water was runnin outa the lip of the hatch. Have got some greese but will probs use electrical tape, should help it abit. later on today will bath test is again and see whats what havnt got around to it yet

The main problem with the water was from submarining the damn thing  %% so a trim job should be sure to help, even its its something i can remove in lighter winds, iv already found something in my sailin draw that should help

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 08:31:19 pm »

is there a seal around  the hatch as it sits currently ? what about a bead of silicon sealer around the hatch ? . dont know if im going to get to the lke in the morning , mot prep on the triumph is causing problems

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 10:10:53 pm »

Yeah their is a seal around the hatch, i did a bath test earlyer sealed the hatch and the line holes, dunked the yacht compleatly for 20 seconds and it leaked uber bad, tryed over and over to find the leak and it was the mast boot, you can just blow into the hull through it!! Someone that built it hasnt used anoth glue me thinks lol, so have just packed the whole thing with greese to seal it and also redid the keel box because the two and linked some how, so part from the line wholes it shouldnt leak because im going to tape the yacht up before i leave for the lake  :-))

Later on i might put gromets on the jib and main line, then she should be good for some bad weather. Have also put together some easy weight ajusters, just two fishing weights hung off the back stay lol easy but should work

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 07:14:25 pm »

how did it go on saturday morning ? im hoping to be sailing again on wednesday eve

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 08:33:08 pm »

The mast area leak has been fixed by packing it with greese now, alittle bif of water got in through the jib sheet hole but only alittle bit, i covered the hatch over with tape so that was ok  :-)) Still had problems with the bow submarining, it was uber windy down there so only stayed for about 40 mins then come home

Jon its sayin on the bbc that wens is thunder and rain all day, so im going to be giving it a miss this wens

Im probs going to be orderin a new keel and bulb to try and trim it abit better, though i have tryed a 4 aaa pack in the stern and that does look better in the bath, need to order a new pack as well then she might be a better boat ( hopefully lol ) Its a nice yacht in light winds i love it to bits but in anything over 10mph its a submarine, though 10 MPH in a tiny yacht like this is abit over the top imo

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 10:34:22 pm »

ive been buying my battery packs from the component shop , i tend to run on 6 volt packs as i find it helps the sail arm servo , the big boat i was running last week has a 6 v 2200 mah aa sized pack , which gives me around 3=4 hour sail times !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 12:22:19 am »

That shops really good been using them for years now, get most of my battery stuff from them and its always been good and turned up on time  :-))

I think im going to order a 4 x aaa pack to start with, from what the other guys were saying the lighter the boat the better which makes sense, the shape of the hull on the MMs dosnt like being weighty when tacking

From what chris said the rules are that you can have the front of the bulb 25mm away from the front the keel thats the min distance, i had alook at mine earlyer and its 38mms between the two  :o that may be why mine is stupidly nose heavy

I do love this MM of mine and its a great starting point, but if i keep up with it later on or next year i will probs order one from Pure Magic and have one propley built by a pro and all upto the best racing spec ( but thats along way off atm ) trying to sort this out is a must atm

Just gota pray for very light winds and i might have a better chance  :-)) will probs pop down there on wens to have a look n watch the racing if its dry

Daniel

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 06:35:27 am »

if lightness is what you need have you considered a 2cell lipo and BEC?
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 08:24:29 am »

i did look at the weather forcast , its not favourable , maybe well be lucky enough to have a window to sail in ! ive managed to get my 36 " motor sailer modified from its swing rig & into a conventional jib & boom set up , the motor is fitted into the hull , but the esc has gone for repair . so at least it should be useable as sail only , the fishing smack i used last week is also being reassembled following the new joint to the upper mailsail jib ? the weight has broken two plywood joins in the last 6 months so ive remade one in brass , i will see how it lasts ? the steering problem has been traced to some corrosion on the stock , which has been making a tight spot , need to repack with  automotive grease instaed of the silicon grease ive been using ( although i might try to get a little marine grease instead ) . if its too blowy maybe well have to use the fairey motor boats instead ?

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 01:02:07 pm »

if lightness is what you need have you considered a 2cell lipo and BEC?

Thanks essex i have thought about that but i wouldnt trust using lipos in the boat, because of the water leaking problems i have at the moment. The main problem is that who ever built the boat, hasnt really given anything thought to how shes trimed. Shes fine in light winds but it anything blowy its a pain down wind, but thats my fault for gettin a rts model.

I cant add to much weight but at the same time i need weight in the stern so its a pain but never the less i have order 2/3c 4.8v battery pack, its something like 80 grams and puts out way more than the 4aaa pack, plus it weighs alot less than the 4aa batterys i was using, and has saved some grams as well  :-))

Will see how she sits in the water tomorrow when the battery turns up  :-) Jon its great that uv sorted the other yacht, will try and pop down to see it

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 06:07:13 pm »

lets hope its dry ? hopefully the boat will behave better than it did when it was fitted with the swing rig  !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2012, 06:37:49 pm »

Updates

Battery finally tuned up today... and is 92 grams!! somehow from the website to my door its grown buy 10 grams hmm  %%

Changed the jib sheet line hole, hopefully it will work and not snap off but only time will tell. Have moved the keel to its back position and its helped alot with the trim of the boat, it should come from graupner like this in my opinion!

All the best

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 06:46:31 pm »

at least the jib sheet line looks higher from the deck , i have a half roll of thin plastic tubing that would possibly make liners ? suprised to see clive and co running in that rain wednesday , hopefully it will be better in the morning !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 06:50:20 pm »

its just under an inch high  :-))

yeah i was abit shocked to see them down there lol ( nuts springs to mind ) im not sure if i will be going down there, seems far to windy n wet, if its dry i might just go down n say hi n leave the yacht at home for a nicer day  :-)

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 08:10:34 pm »

if your going you just as well put the yacht in the car , at least if its dry you can test this weeks mods ! still not tried my smaller yacht , i did run my huntsman wednesday but its not as quick as id have hoped for .

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 08:58:45 pm »

Whats she running on 6v or 12v?

Daniel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.