Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Micro Magic Yachts  (Read 69530 times)

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Micro Magic RTR
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2012, 09:27:18 pm »

the good news is that the sail servo has also revived , i managed to lift the pcb slightly & spray some wd40 into the gap , it has then been standing all afternoon with the gap downwards over a tray , it was tested at around 1800 hrs , & found to be fully functional ! the only casualty has beeen the battery pack which is now nbg !  the hull / deck has been checked & ive found a 2" gap at the leading end of the aft hatch flange , its now being rebonded , a new hatch seal will be custom formed on both hatches . As for my micro magic ive ordered it through our local shop along with a hitec hs65mg feather servo ( 12.47 grammes ) and a planet R4MsJ 2.4 GHZ 4 ch rx . ive already got a few hitec hs 300 servos that i can use for the sail arm . jon

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2012, 12:22:59 am »

Glad you got the servo working and ace one on orderin the magic, she should be ready for next wens then? Hopefully a brake in the weather by then

You know you said about that fishing boat, my dads got the contract to bring it up with divers ( rubin ) think we are going to do it early next week if the weather is ok. He said there is a vid on youtube or something of it sinking

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2012, 08:36:18 am »

good to see the fishing boat brought back up , how much notice do you get of when its going to happen ? ive not got a delivery date for my magic yet , it was ordered on wednesday from graupner , it will also depend on how long it takes to get the new rx & rudder servo which were only ordered yesterday .  due to the locations of the rxs in my powered boats ( the huntsman 31 its in the w/c / shower cubicle & behind a door ) im unable to remove them easily . anyhow at only £15 its almost as cheap as it used to be to buy crystals !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2012, 10:54:23 am »

Should only take upto 3 days to get it from graupner because westbourne models said it only takes that long when i ask about the magic from there  :-))

Not sure on the fishing boat, just when the weathers right

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2012, 01:21:01 pm »

it was rumored to possibly be here by the end of this week , im not in a major rush as im trying to make progress with my water jet driven dory model . the submarining sail boat is almost repaired , just need to make the replacement hatch seals , which i think will do in silicone sealant , with some cling film on the hatch to prevent the two halves bonding together while it sets . it might even make it saturday morning , providing its not as windy as it was wednesday !  jon

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2012, 06:36:52 pm »

well dan , ive been into the shop this afternoon with a batch of finished stainless steel trays for alans ohio biuld , & come home with a carbon effect micro magic kit !

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »

Folk singing at the Railway
Bartering at the Model shop
Smocks are still in style in
Fratton :

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2012, 07:11:10 pm »

AWESOME NEWS woop woop  :-))

You going down there tomorrow then? I think i will dependin on the weather, but i might have other plans hmm

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2012, 07:30:17 pm »

i was hoping to have the submarinning yacht going by the morning , micro will take a little while as im now waiting on the rudder servo & new rx for it !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2012, 08:45:00 pm »

You going to put the 2 degre of lift on the bulb?

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2012, 09:11:27 pm »

ive not read all of the instructions , or the mods yet , but intend to do the required mods to it before it gets wet rather than try to change things afterwards ! dont think i shall bother to cover the keel bulb , which will save a few grammes , along with  using a rod to control the rudder and cutting away the extra two arms !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2012, 09:46:35 pm »

Dont think it will save any thing by puttin a rod on the steering, it will just make it sharper and quicker to turn, i tryed clives n it was uber twitchy on the steering.

I think alot of people that build them also put the jib line hole thing upside down so that its raised from the deck, one ends domed and the other is a tube

Some people dont put the wooden braces in either but i dont see much point in leaving it out  :o

Do you have fb? Might be worth joining the club page thing if you do, and the MM uk site?

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2012, 10:39:46 pm »

ive joined the mm site , i do have fb but not managed to find the club page yet .

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2012, 10:53:24 pm »

Portsmouth Micro Magic's (radio controlled boat racing)    copy n paste that should work  :-))

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2012, 07:59:34 am »

thanks dan , ive now found it following your link , and joined the group . its looking a little damp out this morning , but at least the high winds have relaxed a bit , might even be able to sail in an upright position today ?

slug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2012, 08:26:37 am »

i had a carbon mm ,the hatch is not a good fit due to the extra thickness of the plastic used,1.5 against standard 1mm .speaking to someone at coalville show ,he left the sealing ring out fits ok no leaks if it does leak a little vasiline can be used .alot heavier than the racing ones not so good in light winds,very smart though,good luck  slug

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2012, 01:05:46 pm »

i take it the mods that are carried out to the standard racing magic are just as useful on the carbon magic ? ive been to the local club who recomend moving the keel bulb back on the fin and with a very slight upwards rake , im also planning to increase the height of the sheet line guides to help prevent water ingress

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2012, 01:24:03 pm »

Should deffo do the mods, we need every bit of help we can get with the heavyer boats, saying that though, everyone raves about the MK1 keel and MK1 rudder, but i dont think im going to change mine

The other thing that puttin the rod arm on the steerin helps, is that with the stock pull pull lines when the servo arm moves it changes the angle and puts stress on the servo ( tray ) bends it alittle, because the lines are at an angle from the tubes when in full turn

Did you go down? Looked outa the window at 9 n saw rain so went back to sleep

Dan

slug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2012, 01:56:58 pm »

carbon m m was left standard i use a racing one now ,built as standard,. sail in all weathers, no water ingress.  not the best person on the sticks but enjoy every minute i sail it ,cant beat the others but great fun!!!

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2012, 05:41:21 pm »

whats the difference between the mk1 & mk2 keel & rudder ? i may alter the position of the rudder servo so i get a straight line between the servo horn & tiller arm . looking through my box of servos ive got both a standard and mini futaba servos which matchthe recomendation from graupner . yes i went down this morning without a boat ( couldnt be bothered to drop the top mast from the wooden boat ) & thte one i sank wednesday i found some damage to the rudder stock so need to make a new one later . not many yachts today just 3

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2012, 05:50:55 pm »

The diffrence is that the MK1 keel is fater  so its better for not slipin sideways, and the MK1 rudder is also fater so it tacks better in light winds ( so they say ) But with the MK1 keel you cant move it about, faward and aft its in one fixed place, the only thing you can do is move the bulb about but they all use MK1 keel with an MK2 bulb. I think the MK2 keel is good anoth tbh, and the MK2 rudder works in light winds 

Im not suprised their wasnt many yachts with the weather, summer will be here soon which will be better than standin in the rain lol

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2012, 08:24:08 pm »

is there any way of telling which one is supplied in which kit ? the kit has now ventured out of the box , ive started assembly , . . . . . and made up the stand !  {-)

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2012, 08:52:01 pm »

The kit is a MK2 boat so will come with the MK2 keel and rudder.  MK1 is the non racing boat and the MK2 is the racing model

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2012, 10:07:23 pm »

so do you think i ought to get a mk 1 rudder & keel ?

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2012, 10:31:24 pm »

Upto you mate, im going to probs stick with the MK2 keel and rudder, i wont ever move the keel again now though its in the aft position

Probs best to ask on the mm site, but iv read most people change but only change because everyone else has lol

Dan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.