Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Micro Magic Yachts  (Read 69543 times)

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Micro Magic RTR
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2012, 10:47:19 pm »

mk 2 keel fin looks to be longer , , clive has said the bulb needs to be 25 mm from front tip to fin . the bulb itself needs work as its got a flat nose , also advised against fitting the plastic bulb cover it adds weight & drag !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2012, 12:49:44 am »

The max weight is 420g and the min keel weight is 380g from what iv read on the rules, dont make the bulb to pointy or it will course more drag

I think later on if i ever did get another bulb to put on the other keel iv got, i will make it bang on 380g for light winds. In the boating world in lighter airs you move the weight faward to help with the boats drag through the water ( gets the stern up abit ) which helps with the drag

polishin the hull and deck, keel, bulb, rudder helps alot, if you polish the deck it will help the water run off which helps keep the weight down in raining or ruf weather ( seems silly but even alittle bit of water on the deck adds a good bit of weight )

Then do you wanna keep the stock mast, or put on a pro mast  %% With all the mods all you are left with in the end is the hull and deck from the kit lol hmm

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2012, 12:56:09 pm »

looks as if some of the mk1 keels and rudders arent currently available , so i might as well biuld up with the mk2 parts from the kit . the buld needs to be tidied up , its currently got a stub nose area . how far out did you fit the pipe on the jib sheet line to stop water going into the hull ?

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »

Can get on here now  %% sometimes this site is random

Pure magic has the MK1 keel in stock but not the rudder. I think my tube is about 3/4 of an inch high, i made it nice and high so i could trim it down if needed, much easyer than re fittin another one

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2012, 08:11:19 pm »

ive had trouble getting on here this afternoon too , however ive been on the fb page instead , im going to look at making a new radio tray in 2mm plasticard so we can keep the rx & battery pack up away from any water that may get inside ? ive got some thin walled 1.8mm id plastic tube , providing the sheet lines will pass through i will make my extension from that , clives extension is only 5mm high , think i will aim a little higher than that .

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2012, 08:51:36 pm »

Do you mean your going to leave the wood out? Im sure i read somewhere in the rules you have to use the wood to be able to race it. Might be worth asking on the MM site about it just incase  :-))

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2012, 09:17:24 pm »

i was going to substitute the plywood servo mount for a plasticard tray to mount both servos and the battery / rx ,

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2012, 10:22:52 pm »

How does the carbon tray look? because the RTR has a diffrent tray for the steering servo ( thats why its a pain to get the battery in and out of the stern becuase theres a servo in the way  %%

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2012, 11:02:50 pm »

dan , i think the internal trays are the same for all models , mine has the laminations of plywood for both servos to sit into , i was going to try replacing the two sections with a peice of plasticard , will possibly use something a bit thinner , remove the section the third servo sits on , but extend the tray aft to sit the battery pack onto . my other two sail boats have the battery on a section of velcro . and away from the bilge ! dont think these anyhing stopping me from bringing the rudder servo forwards to give greater movement for the battery pack ?  its easier to make these sort of mods now before the deck gets glued down ! !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2012, 11:46:22 pm »

Not sure then i thought that there was two diffrent trays, for the diffrent models, that pure magic place sells one thats got the sail servo and rudder servo on one tray, and the MK1s come with that type stock

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2012, 07:27:53 am »

i looked on pure magics site but couldnt find any upgrade servo tray , he had a black one shown for £15 but its the same shape as the one supplied in my kit ! ive got some 4mm clear perspex which im going to try  making up a tray from sometime today . im thinking of moving the rudder servo up just behind the sail servo , which will allow the battery pack to be moved further aft , should it be needed . jon

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2012, 12:00:20 pm »

Its not to much a pain to get the battery well aft even upto the rudder stock, but its fittin a fat pack between the sail servo and rudder servo and turnin the battery to put it aft thats the pain, but with the smaller packs they fit ok, aa packs are the pain

How far have you got? Wens looks to be ok atm on the weather front hmm

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:24 pm »

wednesdays forcast is looking hopeful . as for progress its nowhere near floating yet . ive fitted the keel box & bow strengthener . along with the rudder post lower support being bonded in place . however i have started to make a replacement servo tray from 4mm thick clear perspex , im going to move the rudder servo forward to just aft of the sail arm , & use a solid rod to operate the rudder . i can then have a battery pack on a velcro strip to aid moving it for balence . jon

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:58 pm »

Weather sure does look good for wens  :-))

Well all week looks good now, if you get it done thurs or friday let me know n i will come down to the lake or something  :-))

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2012, 10:33:22 pm »

must admit ive not been rushing the build , ive had a tension headache most of the day which means i dont tend to get very much done !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2012, 10:38:42 pm »

Dont miss the good weather though lol we only get a week every 2 months lol  :-))

I put some sealent on the inside of the hatch earlyer hoping that it will be waterproof hmm though least with the clear hatch you can see in the boat, makes it alot easyer

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »

my instruction booklet shows the hatch seal fitted to the hatch not the deck . ? i can always use either my big wooden scale sailer or the smaller motor sail cruiser ( its been rebuilt since it capsized last week ) failing that the fairery spear might have to come to play ? ? jon

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2012, 10:52:47 pm »

Can do budy, im going fishing on one of the days at the end of the week either thurs or friday ( hopefully ) but the other day am happy to come out n play, i dont think im going to get time to go down to the duck lake tomorrow because taking my Gf to her grandads cremation ( she didnt wanna go but now does )

I havnt fitted the foam/rubber seal thing, iv just put sealent on the deck lip and on the hatch so the two press together and hopefully seal, the foam/rubber thing is a pain to seal propley and people normaly greese it so it seals but then its messy to touch

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2012, 08:27:44 am »

will see how the build goes , who knows it might even be sailable for the weekend ! its not as though ive got to wait on good weather to paint the model , & i shall probably only fit the window masks , but leave the other stickers off the boat . jon

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »

Id leave the others off too, they will only add to drag through the water ( might even take mine off later on in the year when they start to come off ) was thinkin of respraying the boat at some point

Daniel

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2012, 03:05:16 pm »

im going to build as i would any other model sail boat , if it fails to conform to the national rules , i no longer give a flying stuff , getting the simplest information on build regs isnt happening , its like asking to join the model flying clubs , they are all so far up each other they dont want to have newcommers to the hobby .

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2012, 05:36:27 pm »

Thought you had a few answers on the mm site.
Offshore
Paint adds weight,, the decals add drag when heeled.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2012, 07:37:51 pm »

nothing conclusive ned , its like a great closed shop , that dosent want anybody else to know what is being modded on vessels to improve them within the class rule . it would be good if i could get to see the class build rule , the links ive been sent open blank pages !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2012, 08:31:56 pm »

Thought you had a few answers on the mm site.
Offshore
Paint adds weight,, the decals add drag when heeled.

Ned

The rtr is already painted from the factory Ned ( hull, deck, keel, bulb, rudder ) Just going to rub it all down and respray it bright orange  :-)) every race boat we have ever had has been bright orange

Dan

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:45 pm »

Dude iv just seen your message  :o how did you get the yacht stuck again??

That lakes proper unlucky for you!

Dan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.