Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bismarck  (Read 18512 times)

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bismarck
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2007, 08:07:11 pm »

Lets face it there's not much else to do up there!! :D ;)            its just like hull,, shipyards GONE fishing industry GONE, at least we've still got the roman wall,, the government ain't got enough shovels to dig that up and flog it,    better check go ogle earth and see if its still there  ;D ;D ;D ;D :P
[/quote]       

Tim S

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2007, 04:01:20 am »

Thanks for the greeting. My computer skills are very bad (and my computer is ancient) so I cant post pics,but I can direct you to some pictures of my Bismarck.Remember,this was my first experience with large R/C warships,so be understanding.Since these pictures where taken,I've made several improvements to the details.My Bismarck has two smoke units,and 5 working searchlights.Main propulsion is 1 3/4" props connected to 540sized motors via 2:1 gearboxes.Main power is 2- 10amp/hr 6volt gel cell batteries and one 6volt gel cell for the smoke units. Also 3volt dry cells for the lights.

I failed to properly introduce myself in the first post, so here it goes.My name is Tim Slocum and Im 40 years old..I live in a small town in the central part of the state of Missouri in the USA. I enjoy rc ship modelling(many different types)history, model RRing,singing classic rock and playing guitar.Im divorced and have a 16 year old daughter thats responsible for most of the grey hair on my head.(not much left) I also have afriend that served for several years in England and has told me alot about it.Id like to visit there someday.

Tim S

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2007, 04:05:28 am »

Wow, its been a long day and Im tired thats why I totally forgot to give you directions to my Bismarck pictures!!!!Go to the St Louis Admirals website.Then click on the "Fleet" button.Scroll down to my Bismarck and click on pic to supersize them. Remember be gently with the comments.I'm aware of most of the problems and have either corrected them or plan to live with them.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2007, 04:14:23 am »

Wow, its been a long day and Im tired thats why I totally forgot to give you directions to my Bismarck pictures!!!!Go to the St Louis Admirals website.Then click on the "Fleet" button.Scroll down to my Bismarck and click on pic to supersize them. Remember be gently with the comments.I'm aware of most of the problems and have either corrected them or plan to live with them.

Hi Tim

Good to hear from you.
Your Bismarck is impressive, well done. 8)

I have taken the liberty of posting the link to this site. It makes life easier for busy folks. :)
http://www.stlouisadmirals.com/FleetBoat.asp?id=43

I liked the Dory. ;D
Can you ask Karl Buck if he is willing to pass on details of the oar control mechanism please. :D

Somebody in this site may also be intereste in the Puffers. :D

Best regards
TT

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2007, 09:57:57 am »

What problems??? you have a really nice looking model there (to quote Shipmate60 regarding my daughters HMS Scorpion "any model is good enough if the builder is proud of it"!!!!!) If you put your best effort into a model and you get snide or nasty comments treat them with the contempt they deserve!!! A few weeks ago me and Hannah were over our local boating lake sailing her HMS Scorpion when I overheard 2 40 something men talking about Hannah's model, these so called "experts" commented on the detailing and the fact that the boat has over scale speed. I struck up a conversation with these men and asked them if they were modellers too, niether of them were!!! So I then asked them if they could build a model like that when they were 10 years old!!! they then left feeling a bit sheepish. Like my mum always said "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all".

Keep up the good work, Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2007, 03:55:26 pm »

hi there Tim

Welcome to the Forum my friend - as nomustangmark has already stated, be proud of what you build - because I will let you into a little secret the models that you have seen from Tynemouth are a selected few - I know this, because I have sailed there on and off from about 1969 - I used to go over there with the 'straight runners' from South Shields Model Boat club when I was a young lad.

The majority of the lads from Tynemouth are like all of us, enjoy their hobby and try their best for building skills and always ready with their help and advice.  The kit builders outweigh the scratch builders they are by no means an elite club, nine times out of ten they will welcome you with open arms. 

As it happens, there was one particular person from Tynemouth (Brian Chambers' dad) and I have fond memories of him - even though I only met him once but sadly he is no longer with us - I am very surprised Mr Young has not shown some of Brian's late dad's models.   He was a down to earth modeller, a lot like Vic Smeed - no problem too big or too small.  He was very gifted in the engineering field.  He always had time for everyone.

There is also another person from this club, Sandy they call him, (that is his nickname) - you have seen one or two of his models already, but, you haven't seen his tramp steamer built from freebie model boat plans yet. The model is a lot like Hannah's build.

So Tynemouth Model Boat club isn't elite - its just a good standard club, with good standard models and modellers like us all.

Aye
John E
Bluebird

Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2007, 05:34:36 pm »

Bryan,
Your pics of Bismarck have made me more determined than ever to get my 1/72 Prinz Eugen finished to that standard, it just might take a while.

nomustangmark
You tell Hannah for me that her models are superb, I too smile when I see her Springer Tug and am following her Ark build with great interest.
As to her Scorpion, a superb model, never mind a first one.
For her information I also overpower my models.
There are always those that will "snipe" at anything, as I got older I just got more used to telling those to Foxtrot Oscar.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2007, 07:36:18 pm »

John, do not be sad about Brians dads models. The reason that they were not posted is because I hav'nt got any. Apart from his HMS "Sheffield" made of tin plate in the 1940s. A lovely model that was vandalised during the 2001 Harrogate show when "someone" ripped off all of the topmast and radar gear. Brian takes good care of them all and I am sure that in the fullness of time they will be seen again. Not to sure about which of Sandys ships you are referring to, but if it is the "Malindi Palm" it will be at Harrogate next weekend. The models you have seen on this forum are, as you said, a selected few. I have more to put on but am biding time....including a super shot of your HMS "Ajax" (which I have'nt done in case it inflames your spleen). Hope you are feeling better. Cheers, BY.

Notes from a simple seaman

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2007, 10:54:58 pm »

Oh, dear. You still seem angry about something. Could be the spleen. My pic of Ajax will come up soon(ish). Loosen up John. Cheers. BY.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2007, 03:24:53 am »

Chill out for goodness sake guys.

If you aren't trolling, you are reacting.

Go get a beer or summat.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Tim S

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2007, 04:10:11 am »

Thanks for the nice welcome folks.I'll have the improved Bismarck at the St Louis Admirals Regatta in Sept,so maybe some updated pictures will be available for viewing.Im now in the process of building a 6ft. dock for him.Im trying out a new material for the docks deck.Its a plastic/wood product used for home decking.Its supposed to not warp or rot.It comes in several colors,Im using grey as I think it looks like concrete.

Tigertiger, thanks so much for posting the link to my Bismarck pictures.I will try to get the info about the mechanism you wanted.Cheers.

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2007, 07:50:58 pm »

Hi John, thanks for those kind words about my dad, he was always bringing modellers to the house and helping and showing which way to do things and they would spend hours in dads workshop and often go home with bits n peices dad gave them,and form a lasting friendship,he also loved the challenge of an awkward model,   thanks again my mate, regards brian_c

Pointy

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2007, 06:47:40 pm »

:o....WOW..... :o :o!!!!!!

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2007, 06:42:20 pm »

Can you tell me Brayn is the Bismark's hull a commercially built one or a home-made hull and if its home-made what plans did you use then.
z
The hull is totally scratch built by the builder (Malcom Doogan of TMBC). It is a fibre-glass hull. I believe he got the drawings from somewhere in Germany. I'll ask him tomorrow. BY

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bismarck (internals)
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »

These are my last comments on "Bismarck" (although we still have "Tirpitz" to come).
Any further photos will come from the builder when he gets to grips with the process!
These last 5 are the long promised pics of the internals of "Bismarck". I hope they will be of interest to you.

gary r uk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2007, 07:51:50 pm »

WOW
SAILING WITHOUT FAST ELECTRICS PRICELESS

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2007, 08:27:23 pm »

I couldn't put it any better Gary what a fantastic model!!!
 Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

PSSHIPS

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2007, 08:40:36 pm »

NICE that! I like very much!

modelman66

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2008, 10:12:03 pm »

hi brilliant model just a little show of mine scratch built 1/200ish scale more pics available if anyone interested.

modelman66

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2008, 10:47:44 pm »

:) forgot pictures oops

modelman66

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 08:12:38 pm »

O0 brilliant maybe one day i will build my own monster would be very happy if it looks that good.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.