Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: f40 HMS ROBERTS  (Read 6780 times)

tassie48

• bikes birds and burnups
  • Full Mayhemer
f40 HMS ROBERTS
« on: April 07, 2012, 10:23:06 pm »

Any one built a r/c model of the ww2 monitors HMS ROBERTS F40 looking for details on the pompom guns and the 4"guns currently chasing plans and photos for detail looks like a good model to build.tassie48

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: f40 HMS ROBERTS
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:53:07 pm »

Fascinating ships.  For some time I have been collecting information on HMS Abercrombie.  White Ensign Models used to sell the small scale very well detailed Kombrig model of this and HMS Roberts, but I understand both are currently not in production by Kombrig.  There are also plans, including section profiles, available online.  eg www.worldnavalships.com and www.the-blueprints.com 

HMS Abercrombie was involved in the shore bombardments of the Sicily and Salerno landings in which my Father took part.  My Father-In-Law served on her untill she was mined in the Mediteranean, and survived.  The damaged ship was towed to Malta but by the time it was repaired hostilities were close to ending.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:25:19 pm »

For 12 detail photos of superb model of HMS Ambercrombie by Ian Ruscoe see
http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/misc/hms/abercrombie-350-ir/ir-index.html
Hope this helps  O0
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

tassie48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 01:26:33 am »

thanks bobk will file these away just like her cause she is so different chasing plans from NMM so here goes tassie48

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 08:57:05 am »

Profile morskie do a plan and book on the Roberts
http://profilemorskie.home.pl/Bookshop_3.htm

DannyL

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:47:24 pm »

Hi,
Some  information  here  and  a  couple  of  photos  of  the  HMS  Roberts  model  that  is  on  board  HMS  Belfast  are  here  http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=18790&start=20

Regards

Danny

Sandy

• Full Mayhemer

tassie48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 12:52:42 am »

thanks Sandy will get a copy keen to do this model because she is so different tassie48

Sandy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 09:02:44 am »

Hi Tassie,

That book is, at least at that price with free UK delivery, fantastic value and a quite excellent book. One of the best books on warships I have read. Detailed, interesting and 'readable'.

Great photos too.

Several things to bear in mind. Being a John Brown ship plans should be available from either the Mitchell Library or Strathclyde University here in Glasgow. But also, being a John Brown ship, there will be shedloads of builders photos (of exceptional quality) available from the National Archives of Scotland. While actually ploughing your way through the NAS website is a chore, a fellow club member here got about 100 John Brown builders photos of HMS Southampton and they are superb. They are copyrighted. Cost was £3 for the CD, 50p per image and £2 postage. Bill actually arranged to go to NAS and select the photos he wanted.

The above book has some photos of what you are looking for. Interesting to note that the HA directors are staggered fore and aft very slightly.

This will be the sort of image you will get from NAS (scanned from the book and credited to John Brown)

Sandy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 09:40:35 am »

Sorry about the double photo. Everytime I post Mayhem goes in to meltdown so I never know whether my post has posted or not.

tassie48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 10:07:26 am »

wholly heck look at all that detail that book is so on my wish list many thanks for the heads up so keen on this build have other professional jobs to do now so this is going to be a sweet build currently working out the r/c fuctions another 24 channel build coming up Sandy again my friend thank you so much tassie48
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.