Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7009 / DASH II Double Horse RC Speed boat!  (Read 21918 times)

TonyW1967

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: 7009 / DASH II Double Horse RC Speed boat!
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2014, 10:38:13 pm »

OK, as a relatively new member of the boating fraternity, I bought one of these as an addition to my (ahem) Son's R/C Boat collection (first one was the Baloptera Musculus).... and to begin with, all was relatively OK, but after a few months of very sporadic usage, I have two issues -  the first is that the boat stubbornly refuses to turn to port with anything less than the turning circle of an aircraft carrier (yet will spin on a sixpence if turned to starboard). I have tried rotating the trim switch in all directions, to no avail.
The second issue is that the connectivity between the boat and the remote control often fails, only to re-engage without any apparent rhyme or reason. Hugely frustrating (for my son of course), and the issue can last from anything between 5 and 30 seconds, each time it occurs (and it occurs regularly at each outing).

Can anyone suggest, in layman's terms, what I might do to remedy the issues?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2014, 05:47:22 am »

Hi Tony,

Mine had a similar issue, turned out that my rudder - servo link was off set, Out of water, check the rudder moves equally left and right, even a few degrees can make a huge difference. You may need to take off and reset the servo arm too.

Check you boat receiver that there is no signs of water ingress...

Martin
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

TonyW1967

• Shipmate
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2014, 01:06:28 pm »

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply.... so, I checked the rudder servo in the sink, it appears to be moving right up to the port/starboard stops, no visual difference in rudder deflection from right to left, although the servo does still try to keep pushing when the control is moved to full starboard steering, although that stops if I trim slightly to port. I have two holes in the rudder connector, and it doesn't appear to make any difference which hole I put the wire connector pole in. I also noticed that the servo tab has 3 holes (vertically), but I didn't experiment there as the wire pole looks securely fitted, and would need unbending to get it out....

Regarding the receiver, there appears no water ingress, indeed, hardly any water gets into the boat after a run, it is quite watertight.

I should also mention that the controller had a completely new battery, so it can be ruled out....

Any further thoughts?

TonyW1967

• Shipmate
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2014, 01:10:02 pm »

Oh, and I erred in my initial post, it turns quickly to port and poorly to starboard.....

tugboat pete

• TUGBOAT PETE
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Im a tugger cos i pulled
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 05:13:47 pm »

Hi there just a thought pos an intermittant servo fault with the rudder, also with the radio cutting out sounds as if your getting co channel interference are you using the standard rc kit  that came with the boat, if so change it ASAP as some of the cheaper end rc kit receives on three channels the problem seems to be other boaters using adjacent channel kit hope my input is of help keep on tugging YAAAARG.

TonyW1967

• Shipmate
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2014, 01:14:39 pm »

Thanks for that, I am a novice in RC Boating, but I can confirm that the boat has original kit only, and we have tried operating this boat on the water only, doesn't change the fault....

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2014, 03:11:35 pm »

Try actually measuring the swing from centre to left and centre to right with a compass or ruler...

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 23 queries.