Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BMPRS Nottingham race 29th April  (Read 5381 times)

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
BMPRS Nottingham race 29th April
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:41:43 pm »

Fab day down at Stevenage today (15th), thanks to the host club and all who helped, many thanks to our sponsor.  :-)) :}

The booking in office for the NOTTINGHAM (Colwick Park) race is now open, go to www.bmprs.co.uk for details of how to book in.

If you live in the Nottingham area why not pop in to see us and our style of offshore model boat racing, racing will start at 10.00am and go through to approximately 4.00pm  :-))

Scoop
BMPRS Secretary/Pro www.bmprs.co.uk
PS. There ain't no going back

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: BMPRS Nottingham race 29th April
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 03:45:08 pm »

At the request of our Chairman (who is apparantly rather prone to cold weather) in another post (BMPRS Stevenage) I have placed an order for some warm sunny weather for the Nottingham meeting  :-)) :} {-)
Scoop

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:38:51 pm »

If you live in the Nottingham area why not pop in to see us and our style of offshore model boat racing, racing will start at 10.00am and go through to approximately 4.00pm  :-))

Scoop

Hi Scoop

I'm 70 miles away from that area, so fairly local {-)
At this stage do you have any indication as to how many sparkie boats will likely be competing? I only ask this because these are my main interest.

Cheers
Craig
Forget all insults, always remember compliments.

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:56:37 pm »

Hi Scoop

I'm 70 miles away from that area, so fairly local {-)
At this stage do you have any indication as to how many sparkie boats will likely be competing? I only ask this because these are my main interest.

Cheers
Craig
Hi Craig, Nottingham tends to be a popular event, I would estimate around a dozen D class which would mean 2 heats/4 races during the day, having said that we have had a run on membership this last week so there may be others joining in the fun as well, we won't really know until the booking in office closes. You could drop Danny an email on Friday to check on the numbers entered.  :-))
Thanks for your interest, hope to see you there.  :-))
Regards
Scoop

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:28:48 pm »

Hi Scoop

That is good enough to wet my appetite!

I will be there.

Cheers
Craig

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 05:45:23 pm »

Hi Scoop

That is good enough to wet my appetite!

I will be there.

Cheers
Craig
Never mind wetting yer appetite  {-) Bring your boat and a pen (to fill out a membership form), join us and have a race or two, lovely bit of water to race on at Colwick Park  :-))
See you next Sunday, come and introduce yourself  :-)) Just heard from the booking in office that a new member from Grimsby area has booked in already  O0 yoooohooo way to go!

Cheers
Scoop

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 06:00:09 pm »

Hi Scoop

I don't think my Lynx Gas boat meets the criteria for running however I will be keen to turn up and see what's what and enjoy meeting like minded boaters.

On the Grimsby member, I wonder if he's called Barry? ;)

Cheers
Craig

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »

Hi Scoop

I don't think my Lynx Gas boat meets the criteria for running however I will be keen to turn up and see what's what and enjoy meeting like minded boaters.

On the Grimsby member, I wonder if he's called Barry? ;)

Cheers
Craig
Grimsby member....correct, BMPRS rules were changed last year, the 50mm freeboard rule only applies to submerged drive boats and a tuned pipe exiting the transom that is greater than 65mm in length must be shielded, your Lynx may qualify  :-))

Cheers
Scoop

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:41 pm »

Hi Scoop

If I brought a boat that did qualify and joined BMPRS on the day do you need any numbers attaching to the boat etc or could I just enter a race?

Craig

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 05:11:13 pm »

Hi Scoop

If I brought a boat that did qualify and joined BMPRS on the day do you need any numbers attaching to the boat etc or could I just enter a race?

Craig
Hi Craig
Yes membership number and class ID letter are required.  If you contact Andy Rennie our Treasurer / Membership Secretary (copy to Danny our chairman) he/they can provisionally allocate a number to you so you can fit it to your boat before you come to the race. I happen to know that 44 (next to Barry) is still available if that's of any interest to you  :-)) in this case your Sparkie boat would need D44 putting on both sides of the hull. Check out our website Photo's 2012 for examples of hull identification, some people have started to put black numbers on a piece of white plasticard mounted on the deck as well or instead of so the lap scorers can see it easier  :-)) again see the photo gallery for examples. Check out the website, click on the about BMPRS button, go to Constitution and Rules, rule 11.6  for verification of number sizes (min 50mm) etc

Regards
Scoop

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 10:22:56 pm »

Hi Scoop

I much appreciate your information. I am going to turn up as a spectator on this occassion. However your info has wetted the appetite of my identical twin brother also. He is going to make contact as per your suggestions with the hope joining BMPRS and bringing his boat to race.

See you all on Sunday.

Cheers
Craig :-))

Danny

• Gorleston Model Boat Club
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Gorleston MBC
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 10:03:43 am »

Hi Craig
Info now sent to Garry.  Look forward to seeing you both on Sunday.

Cheers
Danny

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 05:02:03 pm »

Hi all
What was the results at Nottingham  then.
On I bone for this week but got a good wifi pick up!
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 07:37:59 pm »

Hi all
What was the results at Nottingham  then.
On I bone for this week but got a good wifi pick up!
Hi Bill, I'm afraid it was 1 - 0 to our risk assessment, ;) got to the bit about rescue boat safety,  ;) looked at the waves crashing over the embankment, looked at the wind (40 - 60 mph), temperature was 5 degrees C  :(( we don't think anyone would have lasted too long in those conditions, forgot to mention the driving rain ! C and D class would have loved the on water conditions though. Still lets hope it's better weather by the time Telford comes around in two weeks time.  :-)) Why couldn't todays weather (breezy and sunny) have turned up yesterday ? Wonder if AndyN has finished that wicked looking boat yet  :-))

Hope to see you soon
Cheers
Scoop

Danny

• Gorleston Model Boat Club
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Gorleston MBC
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 07:54:54 pm »

Edit - Scoop replied while I was (slowly) typing  :-))
Hi Bill
Despite the horrible weather and dangerous driving conditions, everyone who had booked in, turned up ready to race.
By 9.45am, the rain was still persisting down and the wind was gusting up to 40 mph, with 60 mph gusts forecast for midday.
After a brief discussion, everyone agreed that common sense must prevail, so for the sake of the rescue volunteers safety, the event was postponed.
It was a bit of a disappointment to me, that everyone had made such an effort to make sure the event could go ahead, drove all the the way there (including both Lancashire and North Lincolnshire members) only to find that we couldn't race.  But safety had to be paramount and as the boats would have been airbourne for half the time, there was just too big a possibility that the rescue could have been hit.
We are hoping to re-schedule the event fairly soon as the Nottingham lads are very keen to have us there.
On the way home, we passed three seperate accidents where it appeared that cars has aquaplaned into the barriers on the side of the M1!!
Not a nice day to be out!
Cheers
Danny

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 07:57:29 pm »

Wonder if AndyN has finished that wicked looking boat yet  :-))

Radio box is in, now waiting on stuffing tube, servo mount, throttle servo and fuel bags in the post  :-)) Oh, and a day off work to actually build the thing.

Shame the race had to be cancelled...

Andy :-)

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 08:39:03 pm »

Radio box is in, now waiting on stuffing tube, servo mount, throttle servo and fuel bags in the post  :-)) Oh, and a day off work to actually build the thing.

Shame the race had to be cancelled...

Andy :-)
Not cancelled mate, re-scheduled  :-)) It's a smashing lake to race on up at Nottingham, you should have that new boat of yours ready and run in for the next race there..... hopefully in about a months time  :-)) Telfords in 2 weeks  :}

Cheers Andy
Scoop

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 06:38:44 pm »

Hi Folks

It was my first outing to a BMPRS event so it was disappointing to have to drive back with no race action. However the decision to re shedule the race was in my opinion absolutely  the right one to make as the conditions were absolutely dreadful and as suggested potentially dangerous.

It was good to meet up though and put some faces to names.

I will look forward to the next meet up that I can make.
 :-))
Cheers
Craig

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 09:08:08 pm »

Hi Folks

It was my first outing to a BMPRS event so it was disappointing to have to drive back with no race action. However the decision to re shedule the race was in my opinion absolutely  the right one to make as the conditions were absolutely dreadful and as suggested potentially dangerous.

It was good to meet up though and put some faces to names.

I will look forward to the next meet up that I can make.
 :-))
Cheers
Craig
Cheers Craig, you are not half as disappointed as the committee were,  :(( we were well aware that 3 new members had come to race but safety of all must come first. It was good to put names to faces, see you at your next race, thanks for the comments.  :-))

Regards
Scoop
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.