Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Programming ESC  (Read 1497 times)

emeandy

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Programming ESC
« on: December 29, 2012, 07:30:41 pm »

I purchased a miss geico pro boat a couple of days ago,
I'm just trying to reprogram the esc throttle curve to "linear" I've followed all the instructions but it doesn't beep to indicate that the new program has been accepted?i left it on for around 5 mins  So not sure if the program has been changed?

all I have done is disconnected the esc receiver lead to the esc programming card then the same lead from the battery to the programming card.
I wasn't sure if both batteries needed to be connected to the main power leads or not?

This is my first electric boat so if you could send me some simple instructions or photos how it should be connected that would be great

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Programming ESC
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 11:25:43 am »

Not being familiar with your gear, so just general principles. 
Do the instructions say that an indication is given?  Presumably they say how to get into programming mode.
As long as an ESC is getting power, it doesn't usually care how many batteries are supplying power, the exception being ESCs that are not BEC equipped.  These do need to draw RX voltage from the RX or tester or whatever it is plugged into as well as main power.
Has the control characteristic changed?  If so, then the programming has taken.  If not then either it hasn't taken, or it was linear in the first place.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

emeandy

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Programming ESC
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 05:30:53 pm »

Thanks, all sorted now I had plugged it in to the wrong side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.