Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: its my ROWWEE.. the ROWING BOAT..  (Read 13792 times)

Krishna

• aqua plannerrrr....................
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: its my ROWWEE.. the ROWING BOAT..
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 03:11:58 pm »

here is the sample..
in sheer ecstasy of being a powerful,mushy,masculine trans woman of substance...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 03:43:06 pm »

Ah! Car body filler.

Thanks Krishna   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 04:57:42 pm »

yes sure.. thank you
in sheer ecstasy of being a powerful,mushy,masculine trans woman of substance...

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 07:13:24 pm »

very good krishna, but i feel there is something you have missed about the western complicated methods. What we are trying to achieve is to make the boat not only row (the easy bit) but also make it steer using the oars without a rudder (the hard bit). It is the challenge itself that draws us as engineers to attempt the more complex systems and more often than not the easy way is avoided.

this model for example, steers by stopping one oar. Now thats fairly easy, the hard bit is once you've finished turning to start rowing again with both oars hands togeather in synchronisation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMforBwFkPw

the 4 servo method is favoured because you can use a 2 channel RC and a micro chip to mix the servos so that when you stop steering the micro chips matches the oars togeather again. I read some where that a bloke in germany made the micro chips for a £100 or something silly like that.

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 09:29:26 pm »

Mike.. thanks for the great inspiration..so, my next build ( will be some later , because , i have to work so seriously on a jet engine cut away of a famous jet engine, to teach pilot Cadets in Academy), will be on your idea, is simple, and can turn by changing the speed of individual oars.. yes,  after turning and stopping, the synchronisation of two oars can be achieved by a simple rotating switch,  one rotates along with the cam, and when switched on, any of the one oar, or two, by one gear box, or by two gear box, individually, the supply from ESC to motor will pass through the wires, directly connected to the ESC.. when switched off, the supply from the battery pack, settled in a peculier voltage, passes through the cam switch, through a simple electric relay,  makes the cam rotate, untill it reaches the open point of contact, that a contact open point can be adjusted according to our needs with a screw.. so, while rotating, the cam reaches the open point, then stops instantly.. this point must be set up in a position, that the oars must be in up position.. so, after any movement, or stoppage, the cam will neutralizes the positions of the oars simply.. this kind of cam switches can be found in wind shield washer wiper assemblies of automobile.. so, whatever maybe the position of the oar while in drive, will be neutralized automatically by the cam switch..

so, we can arrange the throttle set up, as with one channel, as individual, and can control the speed variation by the next two channels, means, more clearly, we can choose any of the  the potentiometers, on TX usually, controls the landing gear or Flap, for throttle, so can retain in a specific value, while we can use two main control sticks, from Left and Right, for individual throttle, as one for left oar and one for right oar..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 09:39:50 pm »

so, if you shuts off any one of the oar control, the cam switch automatically positions the oar to up position, untill the next input.. just like, a wiper arm of a car.. means, if we switches on the wiper switch for a second, the wiper arm, will go to the extreme end, and rests back, in its neutral position, as normal , near to the vent grilles on bonnet..

this also can be achieved by a simple micro switch, attached to the driving beam of each oars, a switch, that positiond to off, or depressed, when the drive beam, or cam reaches to a particular position, the position can be adjusted us us, according to our needs..

this also can be achieved by simple DPDT PCB relay, controlled by TX automatically..

this also can be achieved by a simple L E D and a photo transistor, with a perforated disc attached to the cam, as a phoelectric sensor.. when the opening or drilled hole reaches the L E D, and photo transistor, the circuit instantly triggers, shuts off the motor supply , and makes an instant regenerative braking..untill next TX input..

this alos can be achieved by a simple electronic differentiator, that we used for the traction controls of an RC car..

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 09:42:57 pm »

eh %%

dont talk about it build it!

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 09:44:21 pm »

here my effort was to make a rowing boat without any complication.. and with handy things.. and i will display you all, a simple mechanism, that we do not need anything as extra ordinary, but all with the TX and Rx already we have.. two simple reed switch, attached to the cam will do the job nicely.. and do not need any electronics chip to make this movement.. so, after any movement of any oar, will be at up position in any istances.. give me a little time.. will make a simple mechanism, that works, and synchronises with movements.. its all easy.. :-))

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:47 pm »

hi..hi.. dont angry on me.. i cant explain much with words.. its a kind request.. will make one to show you how simple it all.. need a little time.. please..

your challenge is approved Sir..

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 09:48:43 pm »

well i reckon that a rowing boat is my next project so ill be watching this next one because i want the oars to do the steering. if you can make it mechanical then thats even better :-))

not angry just confused

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 09:52:43 pm »

Mike.. may try to build by tomorrow.. its a great pleassure to know my humble works helps you.. and too excited to see a rowing boat from you..  so happy..on the mark..

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »

this foam board you use. what is it and where can i get some?

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 10:08:03 pm »

Mike..one more point that i forgot.. for a instant turn, we can also change the direction of the oar , one to another, means, one rows in FWD, while the second one goes as REV..  please .. a short time..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 10:13:30 pm »

Mike.. actually, no one here is capable to say the exact name of the material that you see in my build logs.. here this also known as 4S sheets, styroflex, sunboard etc.. anyhow, this one is too usefull to us in model making.. this one is a material, just like the expanded polystrene, but with a very high density, too stiff, but too flexible in wrong direction, can bend, and also have a second grade, is too stiff in either side.. can purchase from 2mm to 18 mm, as sheets or as cut pieces.. i also use the 3, 4 mm sheets to make wing structures of my Rc planes.. its too light, but strong.. will update you, about its exact industrial name by asking to a great dealer in my nearest town..

HawkEye

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 10:33:09 pm »

this foam board you use. what is it and where can i get some?

I've often wondered what that stuff is that Krishna uses, perhaps this is close to the mark.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3MM-WHITE-FOAM-BOARD-A4-X-3-SHEETS-/120815538157?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c212acfed
I've never been so sure of something I wasn't sure of...

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 10:39:53 pm »

and not to be confused.. means, anyhow, with watever may be the equipment, the final goal is, that to stop both oars in a single starting point.. after any rotational movement.. so, even if we are by servos, still, will be based on DC motors.. so, why we cant stop the oars within a particular position..?  we have the simplest answer with us, and from around us.. so, i said that to check the mechanism that used to control the wiper arm mechanism of the car..
it is easy to get the point about the car wiper mechanism..  imagine you are sitting on the driver seat of your car.. then just switch on the ignition key to second point, ( first to unlock, and thirdth is to energize the starter motor, in most automobiles).. to energize the primary electrical circuit of the vehicle.. now, all the warning lights comes in to play.. reminds us the car is ready for the starting, or as the elctrical system is in ON.. now, pour a little water on wind screen.. and just switch on the wiper.. can see the wiper blades sweeps across the wind shield.. in a arch position.. and comes back, in to it';s neutral position, after a full sweep.. then while watching the blades, please switches OFF with ignition key, ( but not with wiper switch), then can see the blades will stop anywhere on the wind screen.. it may be at centre now.. but still the switch for wiper arm is still in ON position.. now, switch OFF the wiper switch.. even then can see the blade still stands the stopped position.. and the wiper switch is in OFF position.. so, at this position, the wiper arm will stay there, as the wiper switch is in OFF position.. so, now, switch on the ignition key switch once again.. while the wiper switch in OFF position.. when the ignition switch contacts, you can see the wronly positioned wiper arm instantly goes to it's neutral position even while the wiper switch is in OFF position.. this happens because of the rotating switch, assembled within the cam of the wiper motor.. anyhow, we have to use a DC motor to drive the rowing mechanism.. if so, why we cant adopt the simple remedy to center our oars..? so, each and every time the oars will be in it's preset position after a movement.. still hard to explain..so will make a simple mechanism and explain you.. we need only some good micro switches..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 10:49:16 pm »

Hawk.. this material is invented by BASF, Germany, and its actual technical name is High Density Expanded ploystrene, based on styrene-butadiene copolymer.. in your place this material may be known as in various names, but i call it as foam board, as no any other name will be recognized from here.. but the popular name of this material is as Sun board..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »

but i also found this solution.. in this web page, the authors indicate it as the PVC foam sheets..here is the link i found..
http://www.caprihansindia.com/index.php?id=22&lang=en

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 03:38:05 am »

Good Morning Mike.. i found two identical gear boxes for the expiriment.. will update.. have a nice time..

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 09:22:08 am »

in your own time krish :-))

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2012, 05:38:49 pm »

still working.. busy with modelling works.. excuse for a little time..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 04:00:59 pm »

Mike.. sorry for the delay once again.. will update as fast as possible..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2015, 07:12:17 am »

Mad.. so sorry for the delayed reply.. actually forgotten.. here is the simple solution for a self leveling oar.. by using a cam, we can position it at anywhere we need.. and by adding two individual mechanism, we can steer it easily.. and next is the boat without a rudder, but two independently driven oars..

Krishna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2015, 07:13:06 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.