Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi  (Read 23819 times)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Raspberry Pi
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2013, 03:56:26 pm »

So has anyone got an example of one in use?
In a boat preferably - or any model.

Dave

Blutoh

• Shipmate
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2013, 04:13:27 am »

I am working on a sound system based on Raspberry Pi. It's a community project in the early stages but progressing quickly.  We are using a software mixer that gives us eight polyphonic channels. The sound quality is great.

Blutoh

F4TCT

• I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example
  • Full Mayhemer
    • My Boat Builds
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2013, 12:08:41 pm »

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2013, 01:40:00 pm »

It looks as though some has been working hard

http://www.abersailbot.co.uk

Barrie

Hellmut1956

• Full Mayhemer
  • Best Hobby in the World!
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2013, 04:17:51 pm »

I did engage into the use of microcontrollers in our hobby long ago. The result of amazing results in shortest time lead to a friend of mine publish a tutorial in a german forum and then I did translate this course into Spanish and publish it in a Spanish forum. We used controllers from Atmel, called ATmega8 for example, which benefits from the availability of a basic compiler, where many instructions already implement code relevant to realize solutions easily. For the approach to make boards specialized for sound for example, there are hundred of ready to use examples in the internet.

I have after may years shifted to the use of an ARM based controller and a board called LPCXpressoxxxx, here the official NXP site for this product and here the company that produces those boards and sells them for just 20.- Euros plus handling and shipping. I have gone for a German source were the Board delivered to my desk cost 27,80 Euros. The performance of this boards is extremely higher as that of an Pi board, the IDE, that is the name for the software tool to program code, load it into the controller and debug it in the target, that means you can test the code and analyze it in the target application is free.

What I like of the NXP LPCXpresso boards I purchased the lpcxpresso 1769, is that you have the "programmer" included in the lpcxpresso board, that it also offers the ability to single step through your programming code, look at the values of all registers, variables and constants and that the IDE knows all the existing and future lpcxpresso board derivates and self generates all that is required to have the code executed in the controller on the board. The board being so cheap will mean i will use several of those in my model.
Best regards Hellmut

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2014, 03:52:58 pm »

I see the new  Raspberri Pi B+ is out now.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Jherek

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2014, 01:11:25 am »

I am working on a sound system based on Raspberry Pi. It's a community project in the early stages but progressing quickly.  We are using a software mixer that gives us eight polyphonic channels. The sound quality is great.

Blutoh

I'm going to try and control your sound system via my android mobile phone and see if that's a viable alternative. I haven't started yet, just been thinking about it. Something along the lines of Lipo + 5v BEC to power the Pi + USB Speaker, add a usb wifi adapter, set the adapter to connect to a wifi hotspot on the phone, control the pi via an android app - I've found one on the google play store called 'Tungsten' which could be used to call a web api  on the Pi and trigger the sounds.

~Simon

Mike0001

« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2014, 08:45:05 am »

working for rs came across  this if any use to anyone  new a+

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/processor-microcontroller-development-kits/8332699/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.