Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Specialty Help  (Read 3510 times)

george

• Full Mayhemer
Need Specialty Help
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:05:44 am »

Hello

I have a Revell 1/72 WWII Corvette model that I have made into remote control. I would like to add a sound effect for the main deck gun; 4" mark XI, I believe. I am looking for a free sound file that I can download into a audio circuit of the deck gun firing.

Does anyone know of any source for this? Could you post a link for me?

Thanks

George

george

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Need Specialty Help
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 05:30:35 am »

Hello Again

Since I am NOT sure of the correct sound of this type of deck gun. Does anyone have any idea of what the firing of this size of deck gun from a WWII Corvette should sound like?

Any sound files you can find would help me alot.

Thanks

George

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 08:44:58 am »

Hello

I have a Revell 1/72 WWII Corvette model that I have made into remote control. I would like to add a sound effect for the main deck gun; 4" mark XI, I believe. I am looking for a free sound file that I can download into a audio circuit of the deck gun firing.

Does anyone know of any source for this? Could you post a link for me?

Thanks

George

There many free bits of software you could use to sample the sound from a DVD played on your computer.  So play The Cruel Sea ("I think I could reach him now, Sir!")  and grab the gun fire. Save the sound as a mp3 as any thing else uses up loads of space.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

george

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »

Hello

Thank You for the tip BUT to be honest my computer skills are such that I can email and surf the internet but I have No idea of what you suggested or even how to start to do that.

George

Model Boat building used to be so much more fun before, now it`s gone high tech.

condeh

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 10:59:17 pm »

Try this file, I just made it quickly. Its a 2 second clip of an Iowa Class 16 inch gun (according to the video I took it from anyway!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mg3jgxzpivcl4z/GunSound.mp3

Cheers

george

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 02:11:51 am »

Hi condeh

Thank You for your reply to my post for help.I like the clear sound but it`s a 16 inch gun. Is it possible for you to see a video clip of a U.S Destroyer firing a MK45?

That sound is perfect BUT is there any way you could capture the sound without the part with the empty brass ejecting and other external sounds. Could you make it a bit louder and a second longer, 2-3 seconds?

Thanks Again for your post / help.

George

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 02:48:47 am »

Guys.....a little confusion here ........... :embarrassed:
The US Iowa class 16" ordinance used silk filled cordite bags for the explosive accelerant  & not pre rammed explosive filled brass shells
The British standard 4" MK X to MK X1V mounts used projectiles similar in concept to a .303 or .22 hand gun shell projectile, being pre filled & rammed & yes the brass shell casings were collectors items...... O0
Whilst I have never experienced either of the above gun mounts firing......I have witnesses firing of 5"/54 calibre FMC mounts on our OZ DDG destroyers & I can assure you they are very >>:-( LOUD

O0
It is all about the velocity of the projectile that determines the sound pressure level & the frequency...... Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

george

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 04:06:00 am »

Hi Derek

Any chance you can get a sound file of a single gun firing without the empty brass ejection sound or any other background sound?

George

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 05:30:22 am »

George....
  • Current Australian/British/American vessels with 75 mm to 5"guns all use pre rammed shell cases & with projectiles fitted
  • I am unsure if a WWII destroyer with 4"guns & used non brass cased ordinance [projectiles]
  • The current Australian ANZAC class vessels have a 5"/54 calibre gun mount .........that will make a sound similar to your older 4" MK X mounts
Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

george

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 05:56:11 am »

Hello Again Derek

First, Thanks again for your help. My model is a 1/72 Revell WWII Corvette. I don`t know much more details reg. it`s main gun except it was a 4". If you can get / find a clear loud sound bit of the one you mentioned without any shell casing being ejected or other external noise, I would be ok with that.

George

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 09:29:00 am »

The 4" on a corvette would be a brass shell case.  I think I've got the right software on my laptop at home.  I'll see if if I can lift the 4" sound from "The Cruel Sea" or the older "Corvette K225"   Any other sounds you need?  DC thrower or racks? Ships bell?
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 09:51:33 am »

George.
           I can't attach sound files to these messages, can I pm you with a sound file?

george

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 10:33:24 pm »

Hi TailUK

Sure you can email the sound file. I will sen my info. to you through a PM.

George

george

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 04:04:20 am »

Hi TailUK

Thanks again for your offer of sound help. I don`t want to sound greedy But could you send me the other sound files as well that you mentioned you had for the corvette?

Thanks Again for your time and help.

George

george

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 11:19:30 pm »

Hi TailUK

I was just checking to see if you got my PM with contact info you were looking for?

Please let me know

George

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.