Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe Sea-Jet Evolution... (prop size)  (Read 2830 times)

Paul R

• Full Mayhemer
Robbe Sea-Jet Evolution... (prop size)
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:06:22 pm »

For those of you who have one of these and have had to fit replacement propellors, what size have you gone for. Have you stuck with the standard 33mm as supplied with the kit or have you fitted a larger size. If you have gone for the larger size, have you noticed any differences in speed or handling?

Thanks

Patrick Henry

Re: Robbe Sea-Jet Evolution... (prop size)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 04:17:56 pm »

Don't know about the Evo, but fitting large props to the standard version overloads the motor badly...mine didn't like it all. Mind you, having opened my trap here...isn't the Evo fitted with brushless motors? Could be a different kettle of fish...

I'll get me coat...

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:55:14 pm »

I dare say if you speak nicely to Robbe Schluter in Leicestershire, he will sell you a couple of robbe genuines to replace the damaged ones with. they still supply bits for the Sea Jet, so the "evo" should be no problem.
The only thing I tewaked with my sea jet was to increase battery size/volts, as unable to put bigger props on as the earlier versions swivelled, whereas the evo has fixed props.

the only other consideration you have is by fitting bigger props is you will get more "cavitation" as the prop tips are closer together and this may actually reduce its performance rather than increase it.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/

WhiteWolf

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 06:44:05 pm »

Guys... do you have a contact website for Robbe Schluter?

I ask for another reason besides propellors: I got an almost-new-in-box Sea-Jet original for under $50, but there is one nasty issue: Guy hacked the strudder bellows-boot up! And none of the other boots I've looked at come close. I need a place where I can order Robbe parts, as getting them here in Canada is next to bl**dy impossible.

Other reason is I have a pair of near-complete Rodeo Amphibs... and want to get parts. If they can't sell 'em to me, I need a work-around to get 'em off conrad, who make the Reely Kaiman 6x6, which is a re-release with ESC's instead of wiper-controls.

Let me know, ok?

WhiteWolf

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 08:03:01 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.