Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build Log - Precedent Huntsman.. What Have I done?  (Read 12651 times)

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Build Log - Precedent Huntsman.. What Have I done?
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 04:40:44 pm »

Hi essex2visuvesi,

I just found your build  and I have a few remarks:

- You should treat us with pictures of the build, please?

- The ESC you complain about is similar to the ones I use for competition speedboats and have no low end control to speak of, hence the abrupt starting, a 80 or 100A Car ESC, like the Easyrun has a much better low end control.
You may have to modify the blower section by removing the entire cooler en replace it with a (home made) watercooler, but you may get away with just the aircooling.

- The coupler in the picture is a potential weak spot in your drive train, either cover it  entirely with a piece of tightly fitting silicon tube, so the parts won't fly throught the boat when it (eventually) explodes under load, or replace it with a solid coupler, a universal coupler isn't designed for fast boats.

- How did you lay the piping of the cooling? In a boat that size, getting a steady flow without resorting to a seperate waterpump is very well possible.

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 04:53:18 pm »

The coupler is a temporary measure.... I'm looking at having a cutom joint made up by a member on here.

I managed to deal with the ESC issues by programming the soft start and reducing the "punch"... now if you open the throttle wide it still takes time to get up to speed.
Water cooling is a pumped system running on a seperate battery and esc (This also supplies power to the RX).  This is controllable by a proportional lever on the TX from off to fire monitor lol.  The water cooling system will actually move the boat forward on full power)

I'll have to remind myself to to take pics as I tend to say to myself "I'll just do this bit and then takes some pics".... 2 hours later I'm 7 stages further on with no pics  :embarrassed:
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 10:05:22 am »

Compared to many others on here my building skills are somewhat lacking  :embarrassed:
I guess as the the thing runs (very well) and doesnt leak through any of the holes I made in the hull is a plus point

Anyways how not to fit out a huntsman..... The equipment is all good and works well together just the fitting leaves a lot to be desired

Waterproof radio box containg the esc for the cooling pump, receiver and rudder servo

Inside of the hull.... the esc needs a mounting plate made up and the wiring tidying up

Outside of the hull rubbed down and painted.  Needs final wet sanding with 1000 grit and a coat of laquer.  I was going to go with the blue up to the waterline but couldn't get the waterline to look right so decided to go for an all white hull.  Better to have a decent looking single colour hull than a wonky waterline

cabins built lightly sanded and primed ready for final filling sanding then a top coat

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 04:19:29 pm »

Nice!

What submarine is/was in the box underneath?

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 04:23:21 pm »

Robbe seawolf, the build log is here
I'm currently plucking up the courage to take a dremell to the tech rack

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40289.0.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.