Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question for Action Dave.  (Read 1697 times)

rmaddock

• Full Mayhemer
A question for Action Dave.
« on: April 28, 2012, 06:02:12 pm »

Hello Dave!

A question about your wondrous products.....

If I'm using a P92 (and I am) from the 6v battery, and a P79 to drive the motor from a 12v battery, do I need to cut any of the logic-level wires going between the Rx and ESC?

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: A question for Action Dave.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:11:08 pm »

Subject to correction by Dave, no.  The P92 regulates the 6v battery down to the required 5 volts for the RX and whatever is supplied by the RX.  The P79 does not supply a regulated voltage for its logic circuitry, but gets it from the P92 via the RX.  So all the bits of wire stay put.
Now, if you have something else to plug in that does have a BEC built in, that will need to have its red (+ve, centre) terminal disconnected.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

ACTion

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:43:55 pm »

Subject to correction by Dave, no.  The P92 regulates the 6v battery down to the required 5 volts for the RX and whatever is supplied by the RX.  The P79 does not supply a regulated voltage for its logic circuitry, but gets it from the P92 via the RX.  So all the bits of wire stay put.
Now, if you have something else to plug in that does have a BEC built in, that will need to have its red (+ve, centre) terminal disconnected.
I trained him well, didn't I? Thanks, Doc - couldn't have put it as well meself  8)
DM

rmaddock

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 10:21:05 am »

Okay. Thanks chaps! Message received and understood. All wires will remain intact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.