Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Boat Builder, new to forum  (Read 1624 times)

retirementhobby

• Shipmate
  • one of my boat models
Model Boat Builder, new to forum
« on: April 30, 2012, 06:39:44 am »

%) Greetings, fellow model boat builders.  I started a little over a year ago, had the desire to start a hobby.  Since boating was my passion as a younger man, that enticed me to start building models.  I invested in books, mags, you name it trying to get some info on "scratch building."  I finally bought some boat plans and got others off the internet.  I've built 4 boats, so far, working on a "cruiser" type from a PT boat plan, still in the early stages of deciding what I want to do and how to do it.

I'm 65, retired, disabled and want to keep my mind active, so, I draw, paint and build model boats (most of my models are works of my own design).

Also, I've built some "outboard motors" which I've installed on my models.  These were taken from drawings, cut out from balsa, somewhat detailed, painted and have enjoyed the process.  I've attempted to do interiors on a couple of my models, of my own design, but forgot to make them visable, except through the windows.

When I figure out how to post them, I'll share pictures of my model boats.

catengineman

Re: Model Boat Builder, new to forum
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:24:12 am »

Welcome Sir

Looking forward to seeing your posts with pictures

R

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Boat Builder, new to forum
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:38:10 am »

When I figure out how to post them, I'll share pictures of my model boats.

Hello retirementhobby and welcome to mayhem. We hope you will enjoy your stay with us and if there's anything you want to know, then please ask away.

With regards to posting pictures then all you have to do is open the  'Additional options'  below your letter and locate your picture on your computer and place it here.

Hope this helps

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.