Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jecobin plans  (Read 3938 times)

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
Jecobin plans
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:56:25 pm »

Ive almost finished the Schutze and am wondering what do you get with the jecobin plans???
im looking at going for 1/48th scale but want to know do the plans have templates for the frames and bulkheads?

going to brave it and scratch build.

Cheers Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Jecobin plans
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:29:26 pm »

Guessing nobody has built from a set of jecobin plans then ???

will pay my £50 for the plans and see what i get  ;D

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 06:48:45 pm »

Hi there J, sorry - I meant to answer you but I was sidetracked.  What plans are you sending for from Jacobin - before you send?

To comment on Jacobin plans - there are no modelling instructions with the plans - they are just well drawn plans of naval and some merchant vessels.   Normally the plans consist of two side views - port and starboard - deck view (looking down on the vessel).   Sometimes you get sectional views through the vessel at various points showing superstructure detail.   Yes, you do get a line drawing for the hull as well which shows all your lines.

They are very comprehensive plans some of them, I don't think you will be disappointed at them.   I have (as I have said) built from their plans.   HMS Orkney, HMS Leeds Castle, HMS Cornwall, HMS Manchester, HMS Norfolk.    Sadly, I dint have these plans anymore.  But I do have HMS York plans which is going to be built.  Says he with so many projects  ;D ;D ;D

The only problem I have ever found is that some of the plans are electronically enlarged and when you copy your hull sections out, you may find the centre line doesn't match up.   You will see what I mean when you come to trace your sectional frames off.

HOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP - sorry for the delay in responding.

John e
bluebird
aye
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 06:56:34 pm »

Thanks very much for yor reply Bluebird all helps, going on what you have said i will order my plans in the next week or two.

the boat i am going to attempt is HMS Clyde, something different to all the usual boats on the lake and at shows (not that im bored with the usual boats ;) )

Jay

Holmsey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 07:16:51 pm »

Hi Jay
I used Jecobin plans for Gloucester and I found them excellent. Obviously that was a semi kit so they were only used for superstructure and positioning but the detail in that set was superb.

How many were at your pond today???

Regards
Holmsey

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 07:28:18 pm »

Brilliant all good feed back so far ;D

myself, partner and my schutze & tug today along with a gent that used to sail at black park (freind of gary rowe) nice gent will be along again next week. Apart from us 3 boats that was it :( going to move onto bigger lake next week and i shall be doing some local advertising of us sailing to get the publics interest.

Jay

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 07:42:27 pm »

hi there, just been having a nosey around the members list and noticed JecobinPlans (sorry I said Jacobin last time) anyway JecobinPlans are a member of this Forum.   You could  ;D ask for a discount  ;D ;D ;D Shy bairns get nowt - as they say here in the North East and cheeky b's are ignored  ;D ;D ;D.

aye
john e
bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.