Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missiles on your Roof.  (Read 5194 times)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Missiles on your Roof.
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 11:09:34 pm »

Wouldn't bother me in OZ.

Also don't forget if you are concerned with debris falling from the sky what of the terrorist who blows up a plane over the suburbs, same result.

As said damed if they do and damed if they don't.

We had missile armed helicopters deployed and flying all over Sydney during the Olympics, plus fighters, no public reaction.

You can't give in to terrorism.

I wonder if houses fitted with them would  rocket in price. Since then house prices have dropped O0 O0 {-) {-) {-)
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 07:57:06 pm »

Missiles put on a block of flats where I live would last about an hour.

£60 - 'Buy It Now Price'.  Do you two for a ton lad.

Dave

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 08:09:01 pm »

well Dave they should just call you the size of the " Fireworks" they use around your way they would not need the army, Just re open the Chinese fire work shop early in Prescot   :D :} :D :embarrassed:

Peter %%

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 08:20:56 pm »

Having a Koi pond, a few years ago we were plagued by a ver persistant heron with a wingspan of over six feet.  After trying everything to discourage it I was close to seriously considering mounting a Royal Navy Phalanx gun on the garage roof, set in automatic mode.  However, as we are under the Heathrow flightpath I did not want to upset Air Traffic Control whose charges create similar sized shadows in the garden.
The RSPCB say Heron's are a protected species.  Obviously none of them keep fish !

Seriously though, its not our widespead air defense sysytems that I am worried about, but the idiot activists with a chip on one shoulder and a surface to air launcher on the other who may be eying up the same high-rise locations.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 08:23:57 pm »

It's either really quiet here or it's like living on an army firing range.
'Life is like a box of chocolates' as  Forrest Gump says

Just had a thought - why don't we put manning the sams on the fats out to contract :-))
Local firm wins and employs some illegal taliban types cheap - or better an American firm wins
and employs some ex military types. Either way we won't have to worry about aircraft, just
Friendly Fire.

Dave
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.