Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not boat related but 2.4 trans rec problem  (Read 4306 times)

catengineman

Not boat related but 2.4 trans rec problem
« on: May 05, 2012, 10:13:44 pm »

I know there are many on here who will know just why I am having problems so this is why I am asking.
I have an E-flight helli which is 2.4 Gig but I don't seem to be able to get the transmitter to operate any of the servos .
I am lead to believe that it is a RTF and that the rec is already bound to the transmitter
I have been using the transmitter on my flight sim with very very good results though this is via a cable connection.
I have run through all the set out procedures but the "beeps" I am supposed to hear just don't happen
the servos all "center" when the battery pack is connected and the gyro spins up and gives a red indicator (like it should) according to the book.

So this is a second hand model I have purchased and I have no bind plug (can I make one) if I need to bind the rec to the transmitter.

Thanks to all in the know  :-)) (unlike me who only just about understands how a diesel engine works)

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Not boat related but 2.4 trans rec problem
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:57 pm »

I have moved your inquiry to here because it is R/C related.

If it were me then I would isolate the problem by removing the R/C and checking for buttons, etc.  as it has to bound the the T/X before you can control it.

just a thought

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

catengineman

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »

No buttons  <:(

I would have thought that being as the chap said it had flown fine there would have been no reason to rebind but then I know nothing of this type of R/C system I read the book

Yes a man reading the destruction manual first is a bit out there but I would really like to fly this without crashing (shut up capt jack)
I removed the rec to look (not sure at what though) all seems fine there to my untrained eye.

the book tells me to disconnect the main and tail rotor motors and test the swash and pitch servos as well as gyro. this is as far as I have got because there is no response from any servo, can't test gyro until I know servos move bits
the gyro will try to correct a movement when the heli is moved, it "should" act on a servo or all three but as there is nada I am lost.
In the book it shows the 'bind' plug which just looks like a std servo plug with a link wire between two terminals but as it is not clear I am not sure If I can make one to try a fresh bind.

sorry long winded but with "nothing" to do on the ship I thought I would have a play, sadly it seems not the case.

R

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:54:52 pm »

Where does the R/x voltage supply come from ?

ken

catengineman

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 10:59:50 pm »

I believe it is from the ESC which also feeds the gyro, until the gyro is up to speed the ESC will not supply to the motors but all the instructions tell me I should be able to check all flight moves on servos
I have even sat with the systems on and waited for 10 minutes but still nada

R

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 11:02:31 pm »

You are introducing a second element into your testing.  Try a separate battery just get the R'x live.

ken

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 11:14:39 pm »

I've got a couple of blade helis (MSr MCPx and SR)
Which one do you have?
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

catengineman

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 11:18:44 pm »

Blade SR,

My first collective

I'm very good with the sim but now would like to crash fly the model itself

R

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 11:22:48 pm »

good luck! they are not the easiest to learn on

Do you still have the manual?... check to make sure all the dip switches are set correctly
http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/Files/EFLH1500-Manual.pdf

then try rebinding it... If you need a bind plug let me know and ill post one to you

What Sim are you using?

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 10:57:20 am »

Can you explain where the bind plug goes please, to us, the uninitiated.     ok2

Is there is no switch or obvious external socket then I thought it might be across the servo terminals somehow.

cheers

ken

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 11:14:19 am »

• In order to bind the Spektrum AR6100e receiver to the transmitter,
you must fi rst connect the included bind plug to the battery (BATT)
channel pins on the receiver. Then you will need to power on the
2-in-1 unit and receiver by connecting the fl ight battery to the 2-in-1
BEFORE powering the transmitter on.
• When you connect the fl ight battery to the 2-in-1 unit with the bind plug connected to the battery channel pins on the receiver, you will
see an orange LED blink rapidly on the receiver itself.
• Once the orange LED on the receiver begins to blink,
it will be time to power the transmitter on in bind
mode. To enter bind mode with the transmitter, pull
the trainer (TRAINER) switch toward the front of the
transmitter, then, while holding the trainer switch
forward, power the transmitter on. You’ve successfully
entered bind mode when the transmitter beeps and
the red LED located under the door on the bottom left
front of the transmitter blinks rapidly. You can release
the trainer switch after the transmitter stops beeping
and the transmitter will remain in bind mode until the
binding process is complete.

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 11:31:16 am »

One minor point - don't try to test a 2.4Ghz system in close proximity to a functioning 2.4Ghz wireless computer or wireless access point. These SHOULD not interfere if the system is already bound, but can play merry hell if it isn't....

catengineman

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 12:36:41 pm »

Hi there essex2visuvesi
the sim I have is PHOENIXv3 I like it because I can have my other transmitters and use them to operate the same models
I have an FX 18 which has heli modes and that trans is much smoother than the 2.4 spectrum  one but that cant work the heli as it is on Xtails

I dont have a bind plug but did wounder if it is possible to make one as it looks like just a link between two of the pins on the rec though as I don't have one I cant really say  <:(

I have the manual and have followed it as much as I can until the bind bit where I am not able to try.

I note that there is mention of a 2.4 wifi mentioned ! I have had my laptop on wifi mode which is in the cabin where I am trying to test the heli so could that have made my heli "not arm up?" I would have though that the heli would have been bound to the tran as it has been flown (marks on the rotor blades and some scuffs on the skids) plus the chap said it was "all in working order! "

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 01:46:34 pm »

He may well have bound it to a different Transmitter as many SR owners changed theTX for the DX6i or DX7

You can make a bind plug from an old servo plug and just short the 2 outer wires together
Here is a how to video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD5Fq62wWj4

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 01:48:58 pm »

I note that there is mention of a 2.4 wifi mentioned ! I have had my laptop on wifi mode which is in the cabin where I am trying to test the heli so could that have made my heli "not arm up?" I would have though that the heli would have been bound to the tran as it has been flown (marks on the rotor blades and some scuffs on the skids) plus the chap said it was "all in working order! "

I would have hoped that it would not interfere - but who knows?  The first thing you learn in providing help is not to trust what anyone says has happened - that's why every computer help desk starts with the direction "first, reboot...". In this case it makes sense to cut out all possible interference before trying to make the Tx talk to the Rx....

Then check that power is getting to both items....

Then look to see that a signal is going from one item to the next (look at the aerial connections)

Then go on to investigate the servos, etc....

catengineman

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 04:34:12 pm »

I must thank all who have had input to my plight

I am new to the 2.4 G system and this is where I think my trouble is stemming from, in that my testing so far has come up with these answers

1 power on transmitter and it beeps then I get a red LED in the little window

2 power up the heli and I get silence but the servos all center off (as to the default settings I would assume)

3 after a short time the gyro arms with a red LED

My knowledge thus far of the system tells me that the heli will remain in a 'dead' state because it either has no signal and has not found the transmitter signal it is looking for thus giving no audible indication that it is now armed and the ESC can be operated.
With the motor leads disconnected I should be able to move and test the servo operations but they are just held in the center position

to check them I put them to a 40 meg receiver and with my FX18 they move, So I think the servos are fine (not sure on gyro) and do not feel that confident on putting the ESC to the 40 meg rec.

I can make a bind plug then just by linking the outer pins of a std servo plug, SO I will try this and see what happens then (how much would a new rec cost anyway? <:()

catengineman

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 06:42:15 pm »

Can I say a very big thank you to all who helped solve my problem

I made a bind plug (now I have one) and followed the destruction instruction manual and low and behold a working heli..

Now all thats left is to crash fly it when I am happy I want to see if I can lift a small box to place on the deck of a boat.
I feel I'm tempting fate with a newby flying and then over water and on top of that with a lump on a string under it.

Live dangerously I say

I managed to get it sort of done with one of my other heli's but they are rubbish outside in the wind and the only place I could do it was in the swimming pool (or bath) but SWMBO was not too pleased
well she was still in it at the time.... %%

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 07:21:02 pm »

Well, today we all learnt something.  Brilliant.  Thanks to all for information as it was very helpful.

ken

CF-FZG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 09:30:43 pm »

Ken,

I thought you'd moved this into the RC section, but it appears someone has moved it into the 'Electrics and all things Black Art' section {:-{

Any reason it should be in here instead of the RC section - where someone would look for problems relating to 2.4GHz radios {:-{

Mark.

The link is still in R/C.   The 'Black Art' has now been explained to us grateful amateurs.   :}

ken

Mark.

Tonka Toys - Big boys toys :)

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 10:05:57 pm »

He may well have bound it to a different Transmitter as many SR owners changed theTX for the DX6i or DX7

You can make a bind plug from an old servo plug and just short the 2 outer wires together
Here is a how to videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD5Fq62wWj4

:-)) :-)) :-))
Gunna build those other boats one day.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 06:00:54 am »

Can I say a very big thank you to all who helped solve my problem

Now all thats left is to crash fly it when I am happy I want to see if I can lift a small box to place on the deck of a boat.
I feel I'm tempting fate with a newby flying and then over water and on top of that with a lump on a string under it.

Maybe these will fit.... I dont have my SR anymore so they might be a little small
http://www.servoshop.co.uk/index.php?pid=GRAUP47FLOAT

otherwise make some floats up from a pool noodle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pool_noodle

Dont forget to add some foam to the tip of the tail fin as well

catengineman

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 03:18:35 pm »

:-)) Good thinking there essex2essexi  I never thought of making floats for it as I had intended NOT to get that close to the wet stuff with the heli but then with my driving you never know  %%

I have loads of the pool noodle stuff from the swimming pool which the wife will not miss if I only use one length

R
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.