Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first post!  (Read 1578 times)

alanh

• Shipmate
    • www.jclasshulls.co.uk
My first post!
« on: May 08, 2012, 10:05:35 pm »

Hello to all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

My interest is primarily the J Class design of sailing yacht but I also enjoy anything that works on water. For the last year I have been developing the Canterbury J Class yacht, originally from New Zealand and designed as a racing class of model yacht. I am also currently developing a 5 foot version along similar lines.

This experience has given me a good understanding of working with fibreglass and other composites, from developing the mould to the final hull production, and also laser cutting and etching wood for beams and decks and other members may find my experiences helpful.

If I can help, answer questions etc, or if you want to chat about the J Class then get in touch!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: My first post!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:30:33 am »

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum! A few member are into J class yachts, hopefully they will spot your post.

I saw a nice kit at a show a couple of weeks ago:
  http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/shows2012/Coalville/imagepages/image222.html
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

alanh

• Shipmate
    • www.jclasshulls.co.uk
Re: My first post!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »

Hello Martin

Yes, thank you for all your positive comments at the show and you do take an excellent picture! The Canterbury seems to have created a lot of interest at the show and also since. Coalville was my first show and the encouraging result makes me inclined to attend further shows, maybe see you there!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.