Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe San Diego Motor Yacht  (Read 4797 times)

Cypriana

• Shipmate
Robbe San Diego Motor Yacht
« on: April 21, 2012, 04:00:30 pm »

Has any one built the San Diego Motor Yacht?

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
Re: Robbe San Diego Motor Yacht
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:57:17 pm »

I haven`t myself,but i have built "moonraker" very simular,light-does not reverse(very well)and nothing fits.One of the worst kits i ever built.

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 08:15:16 pm »

Ill go along with the poor quality as standard of the Moonraker. In my opinion it needed extra strengthening to make it ok. This boat is overpriced especially when you add in the cost of jet drives, motors etc. John.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 09:31:43 pm »

A few pictures from eBay...
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Cypriana

• Shipmate
Robbe San Diego Motor Yacht
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 12:03:59 am »

Well... Thanks to all of you that responded to my request. All very interesting. I am today starting to build this yacht and I will certainly keep you updated on the progress and comments. I also noted the comments on "poor quality" and perhaps extra care should be taken during construction and, if I find it necessary I will add extra strengthening. I noticed that the hull is very light and I believe that extra strengthening will certainly improve it. I am also planning to use different type of batteries than suggested in the instructions, heavier in weight which I believe will give some better stability in the water... We'll see. As for the 'Moonraker', I had similar comments from a friend but at the end I believe he is quite happy. My next project will be the Azimut. I believe Graupner build better quality kids and also, very important, better set of instructions.

Thank you all again and I'll keep you up to date with my progress and experiences....

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »

Hi cypriana.
           RE:    My next project will be the Azimut. I believe Graupner build better quality kids and also, very important, better set of instructions.

lol  Did`nt know graupner made Better  quality kids is this the master race coming out again??

cheers Frank

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 10:36:12 pm »

Re ''   lol  Did`nt know graupner made Better  quality kids is this the master race coming out again

Yes all BUOYS!

Sonparc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 11:51:06 am »

I have nothing but praise for the San Diego, I built mine about 15 years ago and I still sail it regularly. It performs well and draws favourable comments when on the water.Getting spare parts from Robbe is slow but they do eventually turn up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.