Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turning my Apache over.  (Read 2234 times)

frogking

• Shipmate
Turning my Apache over.
« on: May 09, 2012, 04:57:45 am »

My Apache seems to be running great  :-) well it was until I turned it over !!! I had to phone the wife to bring the inflatable down and only just managed to get it back !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Xm1h2JMx8&feature=youtu.be
Frog 0_0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Turning my Apache over.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 06:47:21 am »

Hi looks like shes bow steering as in not getting up on plane and the bows ploughing water hence the spinout.You said she almost sank so i take it you dont have any floatation in there?.As for the ploughing that can be down to several things,prop angle cog to name two.What prop are you using ?.
Mart

frogking

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 08:31:21 pm »

Quick update, After getting the engine started and leaving all the electrics in the airing cupboard .... It's all working fine. Amazing how it could all be completely underwater and still run after a week "but" there's always a but. The one thing it does is once it's warmed up it starts to misfire at full throttle. Once it cools, it's fine again. Now when I ran zenoahs in the RC cars it was usually the coil breaking down when hot but the ignition system on the marine engines are slightly different. Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts. Thanks' Dave
Frog 0_0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:15:47 am »

Hi Dave are you saying you didnt fire her up imediateley after a dunk and left her sitting for a week ? if thats the case ill gaurantee your bearings are rusted and shot at the very least,ive known leaving them even a day to kill a good engine.You must after a dunk first disconenct fuel line remove plug tip boat upside down and pull the starter cord to remove water then connect fuel replace plug then start her and preferably run her on the water to get engine heated up and burn off any moisture or at the very least run her on the stand with water running through the system.What i do then is remove plug and squirt inside with wd40 or after run oil pull cord a cpl times to make sure everything inside gets a coating otherwise things can rust very quick and if that happens its toast.Also squirting all the coil connections with an electrical type water dispersant is advisable.
Mart

frogking

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:06 pm »

No, the engine was up and running with in half an hour but the RX and servos etc.  were opened up and left to dry in the airing cupboard for a week and they all work fine .... modem electrics  :) It's just got a misfire once it's got hot but goes once I let it cool. Going to try a new carb I have, just to eliminate that. I think the coil may be breaking down when hot ??Thanks, Dave
Frog 0_0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.