Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Victory - Del Prado 1:98(?)  (Read 6493 times)

John Leah

• Shipmate
HMS Victory - Del Prado 1:98(?)
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:59:24 am »

Hi fellow modellers. Last year my father-in-law produced 2 suitcases full of the 100 issues of a Del Prado HMS Victory which he collected week by week back in 2004. I had just completed my new workshop and he asked me to build the ship for him as he had since retired and did not have the sapace in his retirement flat to assemble the kit. Sadly, he was killed only a few months later in a trajic horse riding accident, so I have set to work building the kit in his memory which will be presented to his wife when completed.
I have no previous knowledge of working in wood, in particular boat building. My limited skills have always been in making styrene / plastic kits, so this is a very big job for me and has been very difficult so far. Luckily, I live only an hour or so away from the Victory so I have been able to visit her a few times to get some pictures and build ideas.
Unfortunately, the condition of the timber supplied has deteriorated and I have had to replace a lot of it. There were also many parts missing which I am continually having to find replacements to (thanks to Cornwall Model Boats, most problems have been easily sorted). So here you go - but please remember, this is a first for me...

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: HMS Victory - Del Prado 1:98(?)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 12:35:29 pm »

Loking good. You seem to have adapted to wood very well. Looking forward to more pictures as you progress. A fitting tribute to your father-in-law.

Doug
Don't Assume Check
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.