Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SWORDSMAN Motor Launch  (Read 2209 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
SWORDSMAN Motor Launch
« on: May 13, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »

I would like to share with you a couple of photos of one of the best looking motor launches ever made....The "Swordsman"
Photos taken at Falmouth today, during the Finn Class Yacht Olympic Qualifying heats

waverunner

• Shipmate
Re: SWORDSMAN Motor Launch
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 07:17:44 am »

Generally speaking all the Faireys are classic designs. Would love to have owned one but anything wood is a labour of love requiring deep pockets.

I made do with the Cobra 33. Very similar in design/layout but fibreglass. Here she is in the late 1980s outside the yard where she was originally built.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 08:44:19 am »

I would like to share with you a couple of photos of one of the best looking motor launches ever made....The "Swordsman"
Photos taken at Falmouth today, during the Finn Class Yacht Olympic Qualifying heats

beautiful looking boats......I have five minature ones of the swordsman partially built ( about 12" long) that I was making for a fund raising activity for our local school on their summer fete's, but then fell out with the obnoxious head teacher about her inability to chastise the children that were bullying my daughter, so never finished them..

was going to paint them in the same colours as the speed launches in James Bond's "From Russia with Love"........... ceste la vie

On my "to do" list to finish them, lol

LarryW

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:22:20 am »

Hi Neil,
         Nice pictures of fairy huntsman , a swordsman has a open rear deck as seen in the the JAMES BOND film but as you say a great boat i have built the swordsman a Dave Milbourn plan
     a great power boat and a good build i have a 2nd one on going at the moment     Larry ......

never pass a skip

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 11:33:54 am »

aye, Larry, the one's in your picture are the one's I was building "minatures" of..great looking boats all of them though.
neil.

Brani 56

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 04:03:42 pm »

It is rare to see any launch that is so well trimmed as the Fairey.
My pic. shows one in the Solent on full song.
Brani 56

mikearace

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 04:28:47 pm »

The Weymouth pic seems to be the super sworsdman although I am probably wrong and will be corrected, so apologies if I am, but regardless still lovely looking craft.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxzY290dHBldHR8Z3g6NmNiNDRkMDUxMzYwZjJiNA

If you mean from Russia with love Larry there were more Huntresses used than Huntsmans.  Bonds actual boat was a Huntress and the baddies were in the Huntsman.

We carried a Huntress on Intrepid as the skippers personal runabout/despatch boat as did most midi/maxi ships of the 60s and 70s.  I have some old 8mm of him in it that I took cruising down the red light canal district of Amsterdam.  Not that I deliberately took an 8mm film of the red light district in Amsterdam for any other purpose but legitimate research.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxzY290dHBldHR8Z3g6MTZlYTgzMTBmYjAxY2FkZA
Not just two wheels...........and never trust a hippie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.