Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: modified bonny and kelly  (Read 4278 times)

trawlerman2

modified bonny and kelly
« on: January 20, 2012, 05:57:44 pm »

got this boat already built but got abit tatty over the years and decided to convert it to beam trawling :-))

trawlerman2

Re: modified bonny and kelly
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 06:08:23 pm »

trawlerman2

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 06:10:17 pm »

Cam Watterson

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 06:27:31 pm »

very nice, can you haul and shoot the trawls and lift/drop the beams automaticaly?

trawlerman2

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »

i will be able to just got to find a handset that will allow me to work them all aswell as work the boat.winches are all in place this will be a 100% fully working model will put up some more pics as she is now a different colour blue/white few more touch ups first though :-)) the name has also been changed from boy matthew to boy charlie as we changed my sons name when he was born  {-)

Cam Watterson

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 07:11:53 pm »

have you got any pics of the winch setup, me and my grandad have got a dutch beamer hull (not started as yet) and we wanted to know how to set up everything, and what winches to use. we use a Robbe FC 16 and an FC 18 channell hand set on our other trawlers, we've just not done anything as complicated as a working beam trawler before. the hand sets often pop up on ebay.

trawlerman2

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 07:24:18 pm »

haha i will keep a sharp look out for a handset not had much time for her at the moment as im fishing myself to death but i will give myself a kick up the rear soon and get her on the pond again as for the winches i scratch made the drums and holders and put 4 slow rev motors from cornwall model boats i also laid them for an aft so i had more room. :-)) will try and get some photos for you but they under a support frame but will try my best none the less :-))

Cam Watterson

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 07:37:30 pm »

thanks for that, i used to be scallop and queenie fishing, now im at the crab and lobsters. i need to start on the model boats again but getting going again is easier said than done  :-)) cheers TM2

trawlerman2

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 08:25:05 pm »

im scalloping now aboard the sea swallow ln20 kings lynn. i know exactly how you feel 5 days at sea you really dont fancy get out the glue an paint i just do little bits as and when really will have to get her back out soon though as shes nearly finished hard parts are all done will get some pics up looks alot cleaner and crisp now repainted it blue/white gave full set of nav/deck lights /winches/ radar and sound literally no more can be done. dont suppose you know anything about the dutch euro cutter derricks? how they have there ends are different to ours we shackle into a ring on the end but they have some sort of cap that kicks the end of the derrick up any ideas?

Cam Watterson

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 10:30:10 pm »

the boat i used to work on had a kind of cap on the ends of the beams (similar to the dutch trawlers) with holes in that we shackled the stays into. but the block that had the warp running through was attached to a heavy cable that ran through another trianglular block welded to the end of the beam the cable was then shackled to the bottom of the beam. think the cap is to make abit more room for extra stays at the end of the beam possibly. the boat that i worked on was a mini beamer converted to scalloping called the Sara Lena CT.18. hope this helps, not sure if it will though hahaha

trawlerman2

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 12:31:40 pm »

i will have to give it a go try an fashion up something at least i think i know what you mean the sara lena had like a swivel for the main wire we had them on the johanna nn56 but the dutch one looks different think they may use like a pulley instead of a block with a bracket underneath for the main warp to run back to so they can fish double part wires. they also use (automatic backstays) which i think it may have something to do with it. had a look on the internet also posted on trawlerphotos but no replys yet got to have them though because they look well tasty :-))

manx venture

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 04:12:31 pm »

no what u mean bout the dutch derrik ends, this picture shows what i think u mean

not to sure myself of how there rigged tho, boat we had with beams was rigged with the automatic back stay, instead of shackling the derrik wire into the end of the beam it ran thru a block on the inside of the end of beam and was shackled ino the aft stay, wiith a small wire strop between the two so it always whatever the angle of the beam all stays were tight, also the very end of beam had like a swivel head for the quick realse wire to run thru

Cam Watterson

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 04:43:40 pm »

ive never seen them things before or just not noticed them

trawlerman2

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 06:28:41 pm »

haha see what i mean annoying the hell out of me just asked a dutch guy hes a beam trawler god so hopefully he will pull through. to be honest ive got to stop making jobs for myself and get on with finishing the rest as just got msw dutch courage not done a tug before makes a change from the trawlers :-)) cam will get some pics up asap bud got to take camera back to shop as no flash an cant get a good enough pic on my phone of the winches and thanks for ya time manx :-))

trawlerman3

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 11:22:14 am »

hi this is my new account as email address was hacked and had to start fresh anyone wanting to inbox me please do on this account  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 20 queries.