Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Bunny has a pass for his local boating lake !  (Read 1533 times)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Happy Bunny has a pass for his local boating lake !
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:43:04 pm »

Yippee  !   I have just got a pass for my local boating lake  {-)  O0  :-))

I do love going to the local boating lake, especially when I heard about a special event going on there that I heard about from an announcement in Singapore a while back.

Flashback:  When I was at senior school for sports I chose Fencing and Rowing.  From Putney Boat House I started out in Tub Fours, then progressed to Coxed Fours, and finally got to cox my school's First Eight in the Head Of The River Race.  It was a fantastic feeling, and I have always watched the rowing on the Olympics ever since - but only possible on TV of course.

Well, at Singapore it was announced that London had won the 2012 Bid, which meant the Rowing would be in Dorney, walking distance from where I live.  However, in both the first two rounds of ticket ballots I lost out and felt I was condemned to watch it on telly as usual.  Boy, was I miffed.

Then today a new opportunity to buy tickets arose, amongst those who had missed out from previous ticket attempts.

I have a Wonka Golden Ticket for the Mens Eights Final, close to the finish line. 
I am over the moon, even if it did cost over a hundred and fifty quid.

Bob K
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Sparky

• sparky
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Happy Bunny has a pass for his local boating lake !
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 12:20:56 am »

Well done Bob K -- that must be like winning the lottery for a rower like yourself !!

And purely by the way, I am really enjoying your K class build thread.

keep up the good work!

Vic.

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 12:35:27 am »

Thank you Vic.  I am really looking foreward to it.

PS:  I must get some more pics online for the 'K' build  :}
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 07:23:34 am »

We were lucky enough to get tickets for some of the events at the Sydney Olympics in 2000 and it was an unforgettable experience. We saw some track and field events plus we saw the Gold Medal match in women's football between the red hot favourites, USA, and Norway. We sat among a large group of Norwegian supporters and, when they realised we were barracking for Norway, they made us honorary Norwegians for the night. The best part was that Norway beat the USA in a big upset, so our group went home happy. We also saw Australia play in the men's football, and my wife, daughter and son saw some tennis. It was an experience I will always remember, not least because of the change that came over the city. Like most big cities, the CBD is an impersonal place, but during the games everyone was friendly - probably because many of them were visitors :-)

Peter.

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:14:50 am »

That sounds fantastic Peter.  Sydney was so well organised and run.  I hope London can match up to the recent Olympic classics, I am sure it will.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.