Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switches  (Read 10109 times)

Faraday's Cage

• Full Mayhemer
  • Change is inevitable, except from a drinks machine
Re: Switches
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 09:21:29 am »

To get this thread back on track,

mfv1132,

As previously stated, you'll have to be more specific with your needs.

Do you want switches controlled by your radio set or ordinary click type switches.

We need to know what items you want to switch on and off.

Please put us all out of our misery as we're up to reply 24 now and still cant help you.

Terry.

b1etzc92

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2007, 12:00:14 pm »

To call a person or person's LAZY because of not reading the thousands of postings on the site is ludicrous. I'm sure that when you started out in this hobby, you had many questions too

Mr. Detective, Sir, with all due respect, did you not detect my way of trying to amend matters by offering to build Cento his needed switches? There was no mention of the word 'lazy'. The emphasis was on ignorance. When new recruits, such as yourself, start throwing their weight around and misreading what is being said, then we Limeys tend to ask ourselves how a person with letters after his name could attain such a high status -- especially when his detecting skills are not up to par.
You will please forgive me, but we have Sherlock Holmes. Ergo, our powers of deduction and detecting skills are infinitely superior. For instance, we detected that you have used an apostrophe between the 'n' and 's' in your spelling of "person's", when there shouldn't be. (Not to mention your omission of a hyphen between 'pig' and 'headed').
But just for the record, one does not need to trawl through "thousands of postings on this site" (your words). One merely narrows one's search to the particular group of threads of interest. In this case, Cento only had to look through a dozen or so postings in the Electrics & Electronics pages in order to find what he was looking for.

We hope you enjoy your visit. And welcome to the English way.

PMK.
Chief of Non-Politically-Correct Brigade.
Acting for and on behalf of King and Country.
Somerset,
Great Britain.

Point taken. But over here the we have taken on the stupid mix of the Queens english and the U.S. english. You should see some of the different spellings and puntuation's we have over here, just to keep from being ridiculed by the Americans. Sorry, but I've been using the U.S. sites for so long I still have my spell check set for U.S. english. My apology's. BTW, I'm not throwing my weight around or misreading your statements. What it all boils down to is the mix between the British and U.S. ways of thinking. I am a CANADIAN and am proud of it. I value the links between Britian and Canada and would much prefer to do things your way instead of the American way, but, they are our biggest trading partners and we have to do things their way. Even my formal  criminalistics courses had to be taken at the FBI school in Quantico, Virginia. I have a Masters degree in criminology, and am the highest ranking homicide detective with a conviction and closure rate of 97.3%. I have run the Homicide Squad here for 22 years and am a 42 year veteran of the force. Do not get me wrong. I'm not bragging, just trying to point out the differences in our cultures. Forgive me if I have offended you for that was not my intent. If my statements are going to be misconscrued in this manner, I guess I had better withdraw from the group and go back to the U.S. groups. When I have been in London on business to continue investigations there, I have never been treated so well. The Yard opens there file and records to us like we were one of them. AGAIN, let me apoligize for any hard feelings I have caused. It's not a matter of rudeness, but one of cultural differences.
Wes
Toronto, Canada

OMK

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 01:00:33 pm »

Takes a big man to say that.
Seems we started on the wrong footing. Apology accepted. And welcome to the fold, so to speak.
I shan't hog this thread longer than neccessary, other than to say that I've never yet met a bad American (even though they send us all that Hollywood TV hog-wash). Conversely, neither have I ever met a bad Canadian. You have to realise that us Limeys are in awe of you and your great country. We are fully aware of the animosity that exist between Canada and the US, but imagine the scene: a Canadian, an American and a Brit all together in a pub... all talking modelling hobby-speak. Chances are we'd all of us get along pretty slick. 'Twould be spot on if we kept it that way.

For what it's worth, if you ever find yourself this side of the pond again, there will always be a welcome... as long as you teach OUR police how to achieve such a high conviction closure rate.

Thanks again.
Best regards from Blighty.

Model Boats Website

• www.model-boats.com
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boats Website
    • Model Boats Website
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 02:52:46 pm »

Quote from: PMK
Quote from: Fireboat
Just going back to the original question, I presume when you say 3/4 switches you mean 3-pole 4-way?

I too got thrown by that.
3/4 could mean three-quarters. But I think he means three OR four switcher units.

Yep, you could be right.... I'm giving up now! C'mon mfv1132 tell us a little more!

anmo

• Full Mayhemer
  • That's unpossible!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 03:10:18 pm »

I think we should all be nice to Wes from now on, his talents could come in very handy. There have been a few times recently when I've thought there was going to be a murder on this forum.
caution, may contain traces of nuts .....

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 04:47:35 pm »

b1etzc92 
Dont apologise Wes you just said what most of us were thinking.
A word of warning though, we do have some very amiable and helpful Yanks on the forum.

Richard ;)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 04:53:14 pm »

Welcome Wes and don't mind PMK - his batteries must run down soon, won't they? Please? Surely they must? Dear God, they really must! 

Cheers,

Barry M

PS. PMK must be the only guy who can delay a bus for an hour just by asking for his ticket..

mfv1132

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 06:42:29 pm »

Oh boy what have i done !! Will you all please  accept my apologies for all the trouble i have caused. As has been pointed out i should have given a little more info. in my request
My 4  Ch. switcher is taken up with a Hooter ,Fire pump, Foghorn and Searchlights.What i now require is to purchase a bank of 3/4 click switches to switch Nav.lights,Radar and perhaps flood lights.

It is not an excuse but i must have had a Senior moment when i made up my inital request (age 77)

Thank you all in anticipation.

Model Boats Website

• www.model-boats.com
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boats Website
    • Model Boats Website
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 06:50:12 pm »

What i now require is to purchase a bank of 3/4 click switches to switch Nav.lights,Radar and perhaps flood lights.

You're after 3/4 click switches do you mean 3 or 4 toggle switches? If so have a look at the link below. ;)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2340&criteria=toggle%20switch&doy=14m4

mfv1132

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 07:18:47 pm »

Thanks FIREBOAT, just what i require. For easy installation do you know if thy produce them in  banks. of 3 or 4
 Ican't see them in the Cat.

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2007, 07:20:03 pm »

PMK listen to ya fathor and just behave yersel or the monkey gets it  ;D ;D ;D  

Wes, welcome to the Forum my friend, you certainly havent joined a 'savage' forum - a mad one maybe, but certainly not 'savage' - slightly senile and forgetful at times yes definitely  :P

Hey, once you get to know the characters on the forum 99.9% mean you no harm

Skin like a rhino is what you have to have  ;D

mfv1132 I bet you PMK will be able to sort you out with a set of electronic switches,  ;D, to make his peace.

aye
john e
bluebird

Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2007, 07:45:35 pm »

Thanks FIREBOAT, just what i require. For easy installation do you know if thy produce them in  banks. of 3 or 4
 Ican't see them in the Cat.

Try these switches, I use them all the time on my lifeboats for switching lights,radar etc on and off.

Mike
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 08:30:23 pm »

..... and peace once again broke out in the forum.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2007, 08:39:49 pm »

Yeah, but as I said, it was make or break for a while... :D

Model Boats Website

• www.model-boats.com
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boats Website
    • Model Boats Website
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2007, 08:43:01 pm »

Thanks FIREBOAT, just what i require. For easy installation do you know if they produce them in banks of 3 or 4 I can't see them in the Cat.

No, you can't buy them already in a bank, if it's only for low current applications go for Mikes idea with the DIL switches, the other option is to buy a seperate box/enclosure and pop all the switches in that (see this link) and make up your own bank. :)

Hope this helps.

mfv1132

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2007, 07:54:41 pm »

Thank you  " cribeauval" and "fireboat"  ,I have decided to go for the Toggle switch and fit them into  a small black box. I am so glad to see that peace has been restored once more :: I will be more careful in future to spell out , in more detail,what i require.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.