Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HM Customs Phishing Scam  (Read 1304 times)

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
HM Customs Phishing Scam
« on: May 27, 2012, 08:20:22 am »

Morning all, this arrived in my Hotmail Junk Mail folder this morning (this means nothing as Hotmail quite often decides mail is junk when it isn't !)

Sender  HM Revenue and Customs

Subject Title   Tax refund New Message Alert

Before succumbing to the temptation of opening it ! I Googled the information as given and it turns out to be a scam to get your details in order to part you from your well earned pennies  <*<

If this stops one person from hitting that button then great  :-))

Mike

mook

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HM Customs Phishing Scam
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 07:08:45 pm »

According to someone the other day on the TV HMRC dont email people they write to them so any emails from them will be scams

ACTion

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 09:57:02 pm »

According to someone the other day on the TV HMRC dont email people they write to them so any emails from them will be scams
This is a myth. There were few people left in HM Customs after about 2005 who were capable of writing anything comprehensible to the general public, let alone intelligent. The Inland Revenue never did have Written Communication as a core skill anyway. When the two were forcibly welded together they lost what skills and motivation were left, along with all of the competent staff and individual staff access to the Internet. Only the managers remain.............. :o
DM (Ex-Customs Officer and son of Income Tax Inspector)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »

Yes Dave, but I think it is true that HMRC will not communicate via Email irrespective of their limited abilities to make themselves understood by conventional methods.

I usually tell them what I owe them and they agree with me - so much simpler.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.