Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunset over The Mersey Estuary  (Read 5563 times)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
Re: Sunset over The Mersey Estuary
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 09:21:06 pm »

I live about 100KM from the foot of the Canadian Rocky mountains & we have hundreds of these wind turbines built along the foothills. If you want to talk about spoiling the view we have it in spades. There is a problem with them killing a lot of birds & bats that seem not to be able to avoid them & there is no answer to that problem yet. I am not sure what the answer is to our energy use but who would have thought 20 years ago that you would be able to walk into a car showroom & buy an electric car or that a Diesel car would win Lemans, what I see is that we all have to do our bit & stop waiting for someone else to do it for us. I predict that within 50 years we will be off grid & a lot smarter than we are now with our energy use. In our house in the past 18 months we have installed a high efficiency furnace( from 65% to 96% efficient) A new water heater also more efficient & 3 Lo/Flush toilets & I have just started,next thing on my list is much better windows. I have also increased the insulation in the attic to R40 from R20. In this city( Calgary)we get about 300 days of sunshine each year & it would seem to me that solar would be the way to go,yet you will see very little use of solar panels in use here. The photos are really nice you guys, thank you. Mick B.   
Mick B.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 10:09:42 pm »

Hi Mick

Here's an argument from Calgary against solar panels being very cost efficient
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05/21/calgary-solar-panel-program-saves-homeowners-nothing-in-electricity-bills-analysis/

Dave

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 10:53:42 pm »

Hi Dave Calgary is the OIL capital of Canada & anything that may treathen the use of Natural gas & oil is a no no. The National Post is just a mouthpiece for the oil & gas industry & is the far political right mouthpiece belonging to that Convicted British criminal Lord Black of Cross Harbour.He has very little creditability in these parts, he even gave up his Canadian citensenship to get appointed as a British Lord. The Americans did not take much stock in who he was & put him in jail for 6 years for fraud in the millions of dollars of share holders money, another member of the great unwashed of the Wall Street gang & Bangsters brigade. I am sure you are well aware how far British politics have sunk in its dealings with the media, enough said. Mick B.
Mick B.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 11:13:25 pm »

Hi Dave to add insult to injury we just had an election ? in this province where we had two right wing parties fighting for power, one that totally denied that global warming was happening & stated that the planet was only 6 thousand years old & they elected 18 MLA's & gained official opposition status.They did promise though to do lots for big oil, like getting rid of environmental laws & such.  Mick B.
Mick B.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 12:15:05 am »

There's a Mersey down under too Peter (in Tasmania)

Very true, Dave, I've been there. There's also a Tamar, again in Tasmania......and a Tweed, on the border between NSW and Queensland, plus quite a few others. Obviously some of our early settlers were homesick O0

Peter.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 01:05:22 am »

Hi Peter we have the same in Canada sometimes you would think you were back in U/K there are so many British place names. There is in fact a lot of Scottish & Irish place names too even a Killarney in Manitoba. Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.