Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cutty Sark  (Read 1697 times)

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
Cutty Sark
« on: June 01, 2012, 02:23:39 pm »

Apologies,

I can't remember, as it was during the meltdown, but I was chatting to someone about the Cutty Sark and promised I would upload my pics whilst I have been working on site.....anyway - as promised..............

Enjoy  :}

CJ  :-))
"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness"

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Cutty Sark
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 02:59:33 pm »

I don't know what has happened to post image but it uploaded these pictures like lightning.
These are from a collection I have of Cutty Sark when she belonged to HMS Worcester, my old school. In the recent documentary on the beeb this was referred to as "she became a training ship." In fact she was looked after all through WW11 by shipwrights and a skeleton crew even though the remainder of the school and cadets were moved to Foots Cray Place for safety.

All before my time I should add!

Jerry.

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:51:39 pm »

Before and indeed after, thanks for the pics Jerry....all I can say I was honoured to be involved in her restoration and hope she is still around in as many years.

She does look great  :-))

CJ
"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness"

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 08:02:27 am »

Excellent photos, CJ. It's wonderful to see that the old girl is back to her former glory. Thanks for sharing :-))

Peter.

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 pm »

Thank you Peter, more than welcome  :}

CJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 1.02 seconds with 23 queries.