Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: M.T. Navena FD 172  (Read 23231 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Re: M.T. Navena FD 172
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 09:19:18 pm »

Rod & Neil, hopefully with this should be a photo of the ship I seem to think is an ex trawler, She is now used for exploration,on the programme listed above and is now called "odyssey explorer"

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 09:43:06 pm »

1 of 3 sistership built for Marrs of Hull , she's originally the Farnella H135 ( sisters were Cordella and Northella , Cordella sunk off Greenland 8 or so years ago fishing for shrimps the Northella never went back fishing after the Falklands but went onto long term RN charter being scrapped at India about 10 years ago ).

Plans might be hard to come by but you could start by trying the archivist at Lloyds of London ( I got the plans for my families trawler from them , they keep a set of plans for all boats insured by them over the years ) or try contacting the guys at http://www.hullmodelboatgroup.co.uk/ as they might be able to get plans for you

Photos of her abound on the internet as both a trawler and as the survey ship she is now ( lots of high res photos on shipspotting.com , quite a few photos on Trawlerphotos )
Davie Tait,
Scotland

trawlerman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 07:07:33 am »

Thanks Davie for the information much appreciated, I am now building a drifter with plans borrowed from my mate in Stornoway because having located the source of Cochranes & Cook Welton & Gemmell i was quoted £45 a sheet +£5 scanning.  I know they won,t be free but thats a rip off......Rod
trawlerman

Tim B.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2012, 01:44:50 pm »

£45 a sheet +£5 scanning. 

WOW !

That Does sound like an investment Sir...

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2012, 02:06:09 pm »

1 of 3 sistership built for Marrs of Hull , she's originally the Farnella H135 ( sisters were Cordella and Northella , Cordella sunk off Greenland 8 or so years ago fishing for shrimps the Northella never went back fishing after the Falklands but went onto long term RN charter being scrapped at India about 10 years ago ).

Plans might be hard to come by but you could start by trying the archivist at Lloyds of London ( I got the plans for my families trawler from them , they keep a set of plans for all boats insured by them over the years ) or try contacting the guys at http://www.hullmodelboatgroup.co.uk/ as they might be able to get plans for you

Photos of her abound on the internet as both a trawler and as the survey ship she is now ( lots of high res photos on shipspotting.com , quite a few photos on Trawlerphotos )

Dave, this description you have posted, is it of the Navena, or of the Oddysey Explorer,please,as I am not sure.
Thanks,
Mick F

trawlerman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2012, 02:21:12 pm »

Hi Tim   Not bad prices eh   How can someone on a state pension afford that.?  Perhaps some banker can treat me out of his bonus....£150...Oh dear :(( :((..Rod
trawlerman

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2012, 03:31:10 pm »

Odyssey Explorer Mick
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2012, 03:43:50 pm »

Thanks Davie, got it now!
Mick F

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2012, 10:13:41 pm »

who is this man????

could he be the same one that fell asleep in the back of my car and at the Bl;ackpool show over the weekend %% %% %% %% %% %% %% %% %%

In fact it looks as though he's asleep there.............how does he build award winning trawlers when he sleeps so much O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

trawlerman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2012, 07:19:38 am »

THATS  NOT  ME    I always considered myself handsome.....Rod :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
trawlerman

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2012, 10:09:00 am »

it's a face only a mother and a dog could love {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Tim B.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2012, 04:44:27 pm »

Trawlerman, I keep meaning to ask, ( perhaps its mentioned and I missed it ), what color/manufacturer is this particular shade of tan paint above the red on the hull  ??

Tim.

trawlerman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2012, 05:18:26 pm »

Hi Tim...I went down to the heritage trawler JACINTA in Fleetwood docks and matched the paint with a tin that they had [ the 2 ships belonged to the same owners ]. all i know is the real paint is rubberised, but i,ll try and find out the shade for you.....Rod
trawlerman

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2012, 05:31:52 pm »

{-) aren't monitors fun ......... that Tan you mention has a suspiciously pink tinge on this laptop O0

Dave

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2012, 05:42:21 pm »

I am not sure, but I think  the main colour of the Hull has been mixed with Nicotine yellow? {-) {-) {-) :-))
Mick F

trawlerman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2012, 04:15:08 pm »

Ha Ha Ha.....I don,t know what you mean....Rod {-) {-) {-) {-)
trawlerman

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2012, 04:32:23 pm »

he's just started roll yer own so the colour will now change to a tar brown {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

trawlerman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2012, 05:36:53 pm »

You can go off people you know.......Rod <*< <*< {-) {-) {-) {-)
trawlerman

ppeacock

• Shipmate
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2012, 10:55:59 pm »

I would like to Thank Ron.

A friend of the family was one of the blokes who built the real MT Navena FD172 & her sister ship in the 50's.

He's not a well man and his dream is to build a rc model of the Navena.

Ron has agreed to help us out supplying him with the plans to build her.

Can't thank you enough mate. I will pass your number to him on Thursday. You are going to make a old boy very happy.

How nice is this, some one that made the real deal will be chatting on the phone to the chap that has built the perfect model.

Just goes to show there are great people still out there, that are willing to help people.

I approached Ron today about building Navena. With out any questions he agreed to help someone that built the ship.

"THANK YOU" Ron Your a true gent.

Can't wait to give our friend the plans.

Just goes to show what type of people you boat builders are. True gents!

Cheers Phil

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2012, 11:29:50 pm »

I will second that! he really is a great bloke,and very helpful.Hilarious too!His dear lady wife is just the same.A good modeller indeed.All he needs is his daily dose of porridge to encourage him.Just one small thing,I think you mean ROD rather than Rob?
I for one am glad to have met him.
Mick F

ppeacock

• Shipmate
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2012, 11:47:04 pm »

SORRY!!!!!! I mean Rod NOT Ron Rob etc....I'm tired.
Still a great guy.

trawlerman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2012, 09:11:41 am »

Thanks guys...No problem, it,s a pleasure to help and i am looking forward to chatting with him...Rod :-)) :-))
trawlerman

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2012, 09:38:25 pm »

.All he needs is his daily dose of porridge to encourage him.
Mick F

any one who eats porridge butties needs his bumps feeling, I'm sorry to say............. %% %% %% %% %% %%

as for being helpfull.............well i'm going to embarrass him now.......... :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
I've known Rod since he came to Fleetwood from Whitworth area,Rochdale in the 1980's and we wind each other up mercilessly, but I remember one day in 1991, we ( my wife and I) were going on holiday and taking a model of a boat up to Aberdeen where the new owner was to pick it up.
Rod told me to ring him when we got there to make sure we were safe and sound............I phoned him about 19.30 hours and wound him up........I told him that I'd blown my car up, whilst trying to make the ferry in Aberdeen.
Without a moments hesitation, thinking I was serious, Rod said.........."give me about 30 minutes to get a tow rope together from work, and I'll be up in the early hours to tow you home........."
Now I can't print the expleatives that rang down the phone when he realised I was laughing and winding him up.........but without hessitation he would have made that journey for us, without flinching............and he doesn't like driving!!
I couldn't ask for a better friend than Rod..........he's a real diamond geezer.
Neil.

trawlerman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2012, 07:02:51 am »

I wish you would all give over   :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
trawlerman
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.