Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe PT15 - Anyone any recommendations to get planing !!!  (Read 7765 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Robbe PT15 - Anyone any recommendations to get planing !!!
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 12:02:48 am »

%% Richard is yours a standard 2 blade, X or S ....may try both see which one gets her airborne  :-))

Cheers

CJ
Very fine set 2 blade CJ
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 12:32:39 am »

Hi CJ.
           RE: Interesting though that you recommend two batteries, thanks for the pic I may set it up to try....out of interest where have you got those both placed in your perkasa ?

Here either side of the hull so its balanced... The old school of thought was keep the model light and the weight aft so the nose lifts easily. Your PT fittings are plastic so there`s no
            added top -weight.  There is no additional ballast in the perky whatsoever yet it sits on its WL.

pic 1 showing rest of wiring,  pic2 the packs in situ either side of hull,  pic 3  an overview of battery position

If you want to go planing round the pond for 30mins you need hi capacity batteries. 

cheers Frank

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 06:57:42 pm »

Hi Frank,

Thanks for that, had my single 9.6v pack turn up and have easily modified the tray mount so gonna trial a single pack for now and see how she goes, but yeah I can see two may be quite a simple viable option.

Have posted in the warships builds and rennovations http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=37569.0 if anyone is interested to see how I get on  %%

Thanks as always for all the input  :-))

CJ
"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.