Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe PT15 - MTB (of sorts) !!  (Read 11744 times)

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Robbe PT15 - MTB (of sorts) !!
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 04:36:26 pm »

Cheers for the teeth discussion, it's turned into a forum for dentists  :}

Well the hull has been final coated and finished and back up the right way ready for deck work, once rudders and prop installed.

Dave, thanks for the comments but don't worry purely for aesthetics rather than a bulky solder joint, trust me working in the eletcrical industry I would never just leave them. I use quite thick gauge cable and couldnt get a decent finish on the motor pins, so suppressor's were soldered on, then the cable was soldered to the spade connectors and fitted, then these have been soldered in place - trust me, they ain't coming off  :-)) . The plastic boots then fitted just to keep it all looking nice and tidy !!

Just me being fussy, trust me I would never rely on those to hold on their own.

CJ
"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness"

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 10:01:59 am »

Well progress has been fair over the weekend and she is starting to come together, a few pics just to update !!

"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness"

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 01:29:18 pm »

She,s looking good CJ.  :-))

john

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 04:24:43 pm »

Thanks John,

Yeah nearly there now,

Had a slight incident with the water cooling - It didn't work  >>:-( and we nearly had her up in flames, will get the water shots up later !!

Resolve that and I should be all good  :-))

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 11:46:43 am »

Still not sorted my water cooling issue but just an update with a few pics of her on a quick blast !!! Must get the cooling sorted though  >>:-(

CJ

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 03:46:30 pm »

OK - so just a little update on my water cooling fiasco, after a lengthy conversation with an expert (thank you Martin  :-)) ) I have made a few changes, new inlet location, sharper angle on the inlet, thicker tubing and re-routed shorter and completed the tub test....

and I do seem to have a steady flow through, also now running a 30mm X prop......once all this darn rain stops hopefully I will get her out on a run and see if she can keep her temperature down - only thing is I hope I have'nt done any long term damage to the motor now  :((

Oh well - time will tell, these modelas are never finished !!  {-)

CJ

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 12:46:11 pm »

OK, so the sun is shining and managed to get some testing in and something starts to go right at last, well she is now running a Graupner Speed 600BB with a 40mm X-Prop and she goes like the preverbial !!! Planes over two thirds and doesn't even get hot  :-))

Which is a good job as the flippin water cooling isn't working  >>:-( Not needed at all now but gutted that it seems to have beaten me, don't know what the issue is with it and I will try and have another play around with it as I had being beaten and want to learn why !!!

Anyway - She looks good, goes like brown stuff off a shovel, stay's cool and planes like a good un  :-)) :-)) So happy !!

CJ

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 06:32:22 pm »

l done CJ looks and sails like a Gd.un

re:- water cooling, did you bend the pick-up pipe at an angle facing the prop?
like the brass Graupner type. its bent at about a 20 degree angle.
They work fine.
The ones I make for my boats are shaped like a letter J snorkel type.
with a brass washer soldered on to act as a flange. They always work for my boats.

john

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 01:02:14 pm »

John,

Spent the day down at Watermead Model Boat Club, and yes that was suggested as a possible solution, so will try and make my own up, like I said not that it is needed but refuse to let it beat me !!

Will give that a try thank you !!

CJ

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 07:32:15 am »

Well still plodding with my little cheapie now fitted with a 64mm EDF and does happen to move quite quickly if 11.1v are injected, however running on lipo 7.4 at the moment and doing aok, no heating probls on ESC or Motor etc.
Nearly finished now I dont think can do much more to this little one. In Hindsight I think the EDF motor was dearer than the actual boat haha Never mind it will give some of these little fast electrics a shock haha.

%%
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.