Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, where do you put the rudder!!!  (Read 2045 times)

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
Help, where do you put the rudder!!!
« on: April 16, 2007, 12:24:34 pm »

My son has run club 500s and numerous other artr FE boats and has now bought a lovely hull off e bay. So the question is which side of the the boat does the out board rudder go if we do right hand laps? and how far out from the hull in relation to the rudder can you place the prop for semi surface piercing? We are using 7.2 v through a 600 motor and a 32mm 2 blade prop, the hull is 20 inch's in lengh.
Please help we don't want to make too many elemental mistakes.
Thanks
Pirate

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Help, where do you put the rudder!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 05:05:56 pm »

the rudder neds to be on the right just far enough so it clears the prop when it turns to the left and the prop and rudder leading edges should be about level although the rudder can go further back.this is a pic of my petrol powered deep v.also id say 60mm back from the transom would be a good place to start that way the prop is in clean water.mines actually 110 mm to the leading edge and thats on a 4 ft boat.im sure someone will put you right as to the exact distance needed on that but my boats twice as big so id say half what mine is is ok.

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Help, where do you put the rudder!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:31:07 am »

BIG thanks, this is just what we wanted, you now know what we will be upto this evening! Just hope my wife lets us use the kitchen table!!!
Thanks once again
Pirate & Pirates son
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.