Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leighton Buzzard Model Boat Club - Bletchley Park  (Read 6547 times)

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
Leighton Buzzard Model Boat Club - Bletchley Park
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:08:52 pm »

Spent a day up at Bletchley Park on Saturday, wanted to nose round and see what had happened to Leighton Buzzard Model Boat Club.......

Staff at the Park there say they don't know what happened, everyone has just dissapeared.....wierdly there are a few boats/models up there still (all looking a little uncared for) and a folder containing a diary of events (covered in bird s**t) - like a few of the displays to be fair - It's an open building. Last event entry and photo's was 2010 I think.

It really does look like they have shut up shop and done a runner - would love to know why, even a few of the old boys I was chatting to up there said they can't work out what happened and why it fell apart and they miss the old boats on the lake.

Oh well, investigations at an end  :police: .....will be starting up my own club and digging myself a lake somewhere nearby now me thinks !! :}

CJ
"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness"

grub

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Leighton Buzzard Model Boat Club - Bletchley Park
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:30:12 pm »

You've already got a lake, you just need to clean it out %%. I'll join up when you have the facilities ready {-)

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 05:32:20 am »

{-) {-) {-) maybe we need some tug owners to come down, we could have a trawling day to clean it for us  :-))

Then we just need a club house, BBQ and a few benches built and we'll be away  :-))
"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness"

grub

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:15:53 am »

There's already benches... ;D

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 03:29:25 pm »

Whatch out for the large terrapin(size of a dinner plate)use to live in the white house on the lake.baloo

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 05:28:52 pm »

The club must still exist - Martin has pictures of their models at the recent Wings and Wheels event. They must have moved home %%

They used to show at Leamington, but I don't recall seeing them last year.

Barrie

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:25:10 pm »

Their we site is well out of date as well,I ownder if they have amalgamated with Luton

Dave

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 08:13:42 pm »

no they haven't, but we have had a few of there members join us in the last few months!!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 03:53:08 pm »

Hi guys,

Well if anyone knows of them would be interesting, I e-mailed everyone of their contacts on their website for over a month, no answer......Bletchley say they haven't heard from them, their "base" up at Bletchley Park looks abandoned which is a real shame !!

Their Facebook page is empty and no one seems to want to admit being part of the club or even used to ! Klunk, do you think you could ask - I am really interested now !!

Bletchley would be a great place to sail, may even try contacting them myself - anyone local interested ??

CJ

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 08:51:06 am »

as a whole, I now believe this club dies not exist.  I think it's just a few people who did wings and wheels as the club. most members came to Luton, watermead in Aylesbury,
two islands and lake bank bbc. both the later in mk. two islands caters mainly for yachts with races.
lake bank has no web presence, but does have a Facebook page. indeed if it was not for me seeing them at Warwick, i would still be oblivious to them.  two islands sail at First in lakes in mk. THEY  and watermead both have websites.
full time penguin

Delboy1958

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 11:02:03 am »

Hi Guys
If I remember correctly they got chucked off the site when it changed hands and the museum got upgraded.
Regards
Derek

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 02:03:48 pm »

Hi Guys
If I remember correctly they got chucked off the site when it changed hands and the museum got upgraded.
Regards
Derek

typical of new owners, if true......can't see in front of their noses what attractions are before  their eyes that benefit foot fall at certain times...……….similar to the Elsmere boat museum scenario. I believe

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 08:36:14 am »

Quick update
I believe Lakebank mbc is the old Leighton Buzzard members
full time penguin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 23 queries.