Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRADITIONAL SAILING YACHT  (Read 9728 times)

rmaddock

• Full Mayhemer
Re: TRADITIONAL SAILING YACHT
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 05:46:24 pm »

Lovely pictures Geoff. Thanks for posting them.

Are you aware that if you use an external photo hosting service (I use PhotoBucket) then the size of you pictures will cease to be a problem.  You get a link which you post into your message on here and then people can "click" through to a full sized version.

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 07:55:04 pm »

Hi Geoff,

No,  pictures like that will never be boring!

What a lovely build!

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

Lothar

• Shipmate
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 09:05:18 pm »

I am not sure....

did I write, that she's absolutly beautifull and looks like sailing fast and well?

If I forgot to wrote this, see above line.

Thank You for sharing the pictures.

Regards

Lothar

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 08:01:09 am »

looks fantaastic , just hopinng my new 53" hull builds into such an elegant model ! jon

Geoff

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 05:15:36 pm »

Just an update, I went sailing with her at Coalhouse Fort in East Tilbury a few weeks ago and nearly lost her. There were about 14 of us all with quite large yachts and we had been sailing all day. Lovely water - its an old moat- so shaped like a bananna. About 100 yards wide and 400 yards long with good access on one side and natural banks with concrete errosion blocks on the other.

About 3.30pm out of a blue sky we were hit with a gale and all the yachts were blown flat and uncontrollable, missing each other by inches. She shot off accross the lake and I could not steer her and she went straight towards the concrete and rubble bank opposite which was about 100 yards away. About 15 feet from impact the wind must have bounced back from the bank and allowed her to right herself at which point the rudder bit and she turned round. Still out of control she headed back towards me and about halfway accross she was hit by a harder gust and she dived back to the mast! The stern came up and there was a big splash and I thought that was it but she surfaced and survived. I was really surprised I didn't lose the mast!

Bottom line was too much sail but the weather had been everything from a flat calm to a gentle wind to a good breeze and then a gale so no chance to get her out.

I have to say I panicked a bit as I didn't want to see her smashed or sunk so soon after completion (or at all). In the event I had about 1/2 cup of water inside her. Overall the day was brilliant but a little too exciting towards the end!

All good fun and at least I don't have to worry about the strength of the mast/rigging anymore!

Happy sailing

Geoff

nipper2803

• Shipmate
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 06:42:57 pm »

Very luck i would say. At least you enjoyed yourself. i think i would of panicked as well considering thats a stunning boat.
I know nothing about nothing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.