Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1519 times)

deerstalker36

• Shipmate
« on: June 10, 2012, 07:34:33 am »

Morning All,

7:25 on a sunday and i'm up, perks of having a partner that works 12 hour shifts in a hospital  {:-{

The names Colin, i have been a member on here before, but work commitments etc etc meanti let it lapse. But now i'm back, ready to get started on my HMS Charybdis again. Just ordered some new sets from Barry at Sirmar, so i might actually get round to building some of her this time.

I've been modelling all my life, mainly armour kits and figures, won a couple of medals at the IPMS down in telford for that, though i thought there were other much better figures there.  :o

Cherry B was my 1st ship in the navy Jupiter my 2nd, i was the 910 maintainer

Hope to get a few good bits of info on here as i (still) havent built this type of kit before.

cheers, Colin

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:23:51 am »

Welcome back Colin.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 05:17:59 pm »

Hi Colin nice to see you back, I will be happy to see your build as it progresses, thanks, Mick B.
Mick B.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 12:12:38 am »

Always room for one more Colin - so welcome back and get those pictures rolling in.

Dave

DaveL

• Shipmate
Re: Another New Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 12:22:14 pm »

Hello Team, my name is Dave and I am completely new to RC Model Boats.  I am a Motor Sport enthusiast and have Raced RC Cars with my sons for many years.  One of them continues to do so and enjoys that very much.  I have moved back to the North of England after almost 40 years away and thought I would try something new in the RC world.  So I purchased an RC Laser Yacht which I sail mostly at Delph.  Sailing the Laser is great entertainment but a steep learning curve!  No experience of either model or full size sailing you see. 

I heard of a Laser being sailed at Three Sisters in Wigan so I went for a look see and found a keen and very friendly Model Boat club in operation.  So I thought lets have a go at building a Tug.  I am a retired RAF Warrant Officer and during tours in the Falklands used a tug down there so thats about the only conection with ships or boats I have.

The only problem now is I have been down to Three Sisters a couple of times on a Sunday but no one was about!    Anyone any clues? :-)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 01:12:04 pm »

Would that have been the Indom at Mare Harbour Dave? Fond memories of Lot22 and trip around the boat on the wire underneath the wuppa wuppa.

DaveL

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 04:51:00 pm »

Would that have been the Indom at Mare Harbour Dave? Fond memories of Lot22 and trip around the boat on the wire underneath the wuppa wuppa.

The Very Same!!  She is now called the Hybernia and belongs to GPS Marine.  Lot 22, Shadies, Timmys and loads more.   :-))   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.