Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.4 Ghz Interchangeablity  (Read 1457 times)

armc40

• Fall guy, it would appear !
  • Full Mayhemer
2.4 Ghz Interchangeablity
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:47:32 pm »

I converted my 8UAP to 2.4 using the Corona Tx module and several receivers, and so far have not had any problems with this equipment ( 2 years now)

Now for my question .... I recently purchased a Futaba Gold (FG) tx, rx and servos (35mhz) in astonishingly pristine condition, and as this system brings back MANY happy memories of times gone by, I'd love to covert it to 2.4 Ghz.

So far I have purchased a FrSky 8 channel tx module, which fits the FG tx, but will need some packing as the FG 35Mhz module dimensions are a lot more than the FrSky module. The connecting pins line up perfectly and any packing will be only to ensure the security of said module ?

I now have quite a few Corona receivers and wonder if it is at all possible to use the FrSky module with the Corona receivers, or shall I have to purchase a new FrSky one ?

Bill
Making a mistake is not a sign of weakness. Failure to admit to having made a mistake is though !

Power corrupts whilst absolute power corrupts absolutely. Imaginary power is something else entirely !

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: 2.4 Ghz Interchangeablity
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:53:34 am »

Unfortunately 2.4ghz gear is proprietary, and Corona equipment will not work with FRSky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.