Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pilot 40  (Read 2664 times)

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Pilot 40
« on: June 29, 2012, 03:00:33 pm »

or my next build I chose a hull and plans from My Hobby Store - a pilot boat. It wasn't until I got a copy of the original magazine that I realised this was a naval vessel used for Pilot and Security duties. I will probably build it either as a civilian pilot vessel or even as a private pleasure vessel.

The hull is vac moulded and doesn't match the plans {:-{ The deck just does not fit the hull, but it will be made to :-)) Building was interrupted by a recent Operation and subsequent attack of Hepatitis, but is now under way again. Here are some pictures of progress to date

Barrie

Channel

• Full Mayhemer
    • Channel Images
Re: Pilot 40
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:19:58 pm »

Follow my blog - www.channelimages.com

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:15:02 am »

Thanks for that - very useful.

Barrie

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 11:11:22 am »

The deck is now fitted :-))

Before fixing the deck I carefully fitted bearers to take a platform for the ESC, RX etc, with space under for batteries.

What I had forgotten is that the Cabin has a floor which restricts the space below, and the ESC will not fit on the platform - the RX would just about be OK laid flat >:-o However, I still have to find space for the ESC, switch etc, so the platform has come out and I need to find a new layout for the electronics {:-{

Barrie

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 03:31:08 pm »

I have solved the layout problem - I think %) No picture at present as I took everything out to paint the hull, which is now done.

When the paint has had time to harden, I'll varnish it before using striping tape to add the boot topping. There is also rather a lot of rubber moulding to go on the hull :-))
The cabin is started - quite complicated as part is double skinned and as previously stated, the cabin has a floor and requires fitting out.

Barrie

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:08:10 pm »

The hull has been given two coats of Satin varnish, another one to be added after the boot topping. The cabin however is proving much more of a problem. I am having great difficulty understanding the drawings, which are different to the photographs in the original build article in MB. I thought I had it sorted, then came across another area which doesn't work as drawn!

This is the present state of the cabin.

Barrie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.