Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/12 Clyde Class Lifeboat  (Read 6645 times)

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
1/12 Clyde Class Lifeboat
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:26:17 am »

Well I'm now the proud owner of a 1/12 scale Clyde Class lifeboat. I'm planning to build her as 70-002 Grace Paterson Ritchie in her original grey livery, watch this space.

Dave.  :-)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/12 Clyde Class Lifeboat
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 09:03:11 am »

YEEEHHHHHH!!!..........go for it matey.
neil.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 10:52:11 am »

Hiya Dave,

Do you mean a semi completed model or kit of parts.  How about some shots of the parts.

Please keep us all informed.    :-))

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:58:07 am »

Hi Dave, looking forward,s to your thread.

ps what about the Prinze ?

john

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 01:16:06 pm »

:-) Just reserving my seat Dave - better than the history channel these lifeboat builds O0
and to pay for my subscription
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19920312/RNLI-Grace-Paterson-Ritchie-70002-Named-at-Wemyss-Bay-September-6-1967
use the scroll button - 19 pages

Dave

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 01:27:17 pm »

Hi Dave,
congratulations.You may remember I have 70-003 City of Bristol.A big beastie,but I still love it,and very proud too!
Good Luck with yours!!
Mick F

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 05:36:26 pm »

Here's a nice little write up of one of her rescues - scroll down.
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=328573

Dave

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 06:50:13 pm »

Hi there guys, I bought the Clyde off a fellow club member who is unable to finish it due to it's general size and finished weight. I didn't even know he had it until I saw it in his workshop and was told it would be for sale soon so that was that and it ended up in the boot of my car! I think anyone building one of these is probably a little crazy anyway!
Some work has been carried out and resin parts cleaned up but it's mostly untouched, the hull has had a coat of primer already for protection and for the previous owner to easier mark out the areas to cut out etc. The plans from RNLI have been blown up to 1/12 scale to ease the build too. The hull and 3 deck mouldings are I think still available from Metcalf Mouldings to special order, I'm not sure if the resin fittings are still available??
I've yet to sort the running gear, there is some that came with it but they are m4 shafts and I really wanted to use m5. They're not in the photos as I accidently left them behind.
It would be good to get all 3 Clydes together, this one, Russ's (6705russell) and Mick's (Rottweiler). Am still doing the Prinz Eugen too John, nothing like keeping busy!

Dave.  :-))

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 07:22:42 pm »

Dave

Andy from Models by Design now has the moulds and I believe he will be making a set of new fittings..

Russ

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 07:28:56 pm »

Dave

Andy from Models by Design now has the moulds and I believe he will be making a set of new fittings..

Russ

Mmmm.......Is he making the set of fittings from scratch, as I still have the masters for those fittings and the moulds?????

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 07:56:41 pm »

It would be good to get all three together,but I cant see it happening unless you two come down south!
My wife who is the driver,will not hazard going anywhere round the Midlands,and Blackpool is out for me,as she has driven up there once this year already!
One show you may consider,is the Brighton one,in February perhaps? Don't forget Neil's Clyde,which was sold to Paul,from around that area,and I believe it is up for sale again?
 I can't normally go to the Shepton Mallet Show,as it normally falls at the same time as the HMS RAMILLIES ASSOCIATION REUNION,that I organize every year,either at Portsmouth or at Blackpool,in April.
Mick F

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 08:47:45 pm »

Mmmm.......Is he making the set of fittings from scratch, as I still have the masters for those fittings and the moulds?????

No idea Neil?  Just what one of our members said down the lake last weekend....

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »

cheers Russ for the info............because I still own the moulds and masters for the fittings set???

very interesting.
I know Dave Metcalf did a deal with him over the moulds for the boat and vac form tooling for the D class boat, but not the fittings??

I'l send him an email!! >:-o

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 05:34:36 pm »

cheers Russ for the info............because I still own the moulds and masters for the fittings set???

very interesting.
I know Dave Metcalf did a deal with him over the moulds for the boat and vac form tooling for the D class boat, but not the fittings??

I'll send him an email!! >:-o

I know the Clyde I've got was made a while ago and has been sitting around gathering dust, the hull has a Metcalf Mouldings sticker bonded into it and all the fittings are resin, D class is vac formed and were bought at the same time as the hull and cabin mouldings from Dave Metcalf. I don't know who has got the hull moulds now but they were still owned by Dave Metcalf when I enquired about having one at the Warwick show last year, but that was a while ago I guess.

Dave.  O0

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 05:38:23 pm »

Dave,
any progress on your Clyde matey? You havent posted anything lately? you arent using the hull as a ready made dog kennel are you lol
Mick F
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.