Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1933 Cabin Cruiser research query  (Read 2040 times)

joppyuk1

• Full Mayhemer
1933 Cabin Cruiser research query
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:09:39 am »

I'm starting research on the project to come after the project after the project after the project I'm on at the moment. I came across the design for a 1930's 55ft cabin cruiser, the Medina, designed by Saunders Roe, and having seen the various Bluebird of Chelsea models out there it took my fancy. I've tried to trace the firm through it's various takeovers but lost track and the boat is currently listed as 'at risk, somewhere in Spain' by the National Historic Ships register. I can find out nothing more.
The drawings in the book gave lines and profile, and interior fitting, and I had a local copy shop blow them up 375% to give a boat 27inches long by 6inches beam (approx.) for half-inch to a foot. I was thinking of perhaps two seperate models at the same time, one a working r/c model and the other with lift off deck showing the interior. A long term project to possibly fit between others.
Question is, in order to find out more on the vessel where do I go from here? Does anyone know of a record rescource concerning this type of boat (I know nothing of cabin cruisers and their registration whatsoever). Any suggestions will be followed up.
p.s. As far as I can discover she's not on the list of Dunkirk Small Boats either. 

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
Re: 1933 Cabin Cruiser research query
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:15:48 am »

Have you seen this?  .. http://www.nmmc.co.uk/iframe/yachtdesigns.php?yachtdesigns=y&mode=designer&letter=S&current_num=700&sort=b It may well be worth contacting the National Maritime Museum as they may have a copy of the article.. if it isn't the one you have already..
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

joppyuk1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1933 Cabin Cruiser research query
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 04:13:28 pm »

My details came from a book whose title I've forgotten so unlikely to be the same, I've sent an email to them, thanks for the reference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.