Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lifeboat Crew Details  (Read 3586 times)

Wizardtoys

Lifeboat Crew Details
« on: May 08, 2006, 06:23:34 pm »

Hi

I posted a message in the Chit Chat section looking for 1/16th scale lifeboat crew and had a couple of responses ;D I had a look at the HSL Mouldings offerings but I would really like something a little more detailed - so, I've found some Tamiya 1/16th scale tank crew that I think can be remodelled using some extra fine milliput and lots of time!

Now I need some better pitures of the kit that would tipically be worn by crew on board the Trent Class Lifeboat - I've done the usual search of the net and found a few very small pics but nothing that really shows the detail I need - does any one have some pictures they could send me ???

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
Re: Lifeboat Crew Details
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 07:11:47 pm »

Are these any good for you??  They are of the Station Mechanic at Scarborough Lifeboat Station. I took them during my research for my 1/6th scale Mersey.
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

Wizardtoys

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 07:21:02 pm »

These are just the kind of thing :) Just the helmet & boots to go!

thanks gribeauval

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 07:26:15 pm »

The boots are normally yellow ( like wellies!!) and are covered by the trousers , see attatched picture for the current Gekko helmet, normally worn by ILB crews bu carried on ALB's as well.

[Too Large - attachment deleted by admin]
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

Wizardtoys

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 08:18:52 pm »

Thanks again gribeauval

I now see there is another area for research! Live & learn - there seems to be rather a lot of sections in this forum. Whatever, it really seems to be very useful  :)

Wizardtoys

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 01:05:17 pm »

:-\
Does any one have any more pictures of the Gekko helmet - rear view etc. Also does the Coxswain have any special details/markings? Finally any further pictures greatly appreciated.

Model Slipway Trent is now in the post - getting very excited ;D

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 01:37:07 pm »

Another view of the Gecko helmet. Coxswain wears the same as everybody else!! They all know he is the boss!!!!!!!
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

Roger in France

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 05:52:58 am »

Hope I am not too late to help you....I think Cap Maquettes here in France do a lifeboat crew figure. Even though they are French they may help. Try a Web Search for a UK suplier.

Did I see right? Is the photo of the human (not he manaquin) wearing the helmet a woman? If so, I did not know that they were crewing.

Roger n France.

Daryl

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 08:42:28 am »

Bow Wave Models comes to mind for Cap Maquettes. I think after the sad loss of Pete Fisher the business is still carrying on with his wife and son at the helm.

Hope this helps
Daryl

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 02:09:40 pm »

Did I see right? Is the photo of the human (not he manaquin) wearing the helmet a woman? If so, I did not know that they were crewing.

Roger n France.

Yes roger, many crews now have members that are women, especially inshore boats.
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 03:34:29 pm »

Yes roger, many crews now have members that are women, especially inshore boats.

That excellent BBC series "Seaside Rescue" often features the crew of the (I think) Weymouth lifeboat, which includes at least one female.

Wizardtoys

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 05:23:42 pm »

Thanks for the further info, Bow Wave Models do show the Cap Maquettes figures which look like they may well be useful. Well the Trent has arrived and so now I need to get on  - quick note that Westbourne Models have been excellent in recommending and supplying suitable running gear and Ken Binks is sorting me out a new radio with Spectra TX/RX. Look forward to seeing how this all works.

Thanks again for the help  :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.