Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And Royal Mail wonder why...............  (Read 3858 times)

armc40

• Fall guy, it would appear !
  • Full Mayhemer
And Royal Mail wonder why...............
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:18:50 am »

Fewer and fewer people are availing themselves of their joke of a postal service.

I purchased an item on Ebay and was assured that it had been despatched 1st class next day delivery at 15.00 cost. It arrived after 4 days.

I had cause to return this item (27/06/2012) and despatched it 1st Class recorded delivery, at a cost of 11.25

Below is the notification that was available from the RM website when, after 6 days, I wanted to know whether this item had been delivered yet  !

Please enter your 13 character reference
e.g. AA000100019GB

How to find your reference number 

Item AU292555931GB was posted at Dunwich Drive SN5 8DA on 27/06/12 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

Just like so many other services nowadays....charge more and deliver less...more competition may be required sooner than later !
Making a mistake is not a sign of weakness. Failure to admit to having made a mistake is though !

Power corrupts whilst absolute power corrupts absolutely. Imaginary power is something else entirely !

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
Re: And Royal Mail wonder why...............
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:15:49 pm »

Totally agree with you royal mail is a shambles,where i live, my road + 6 others is a part time round only. Delivered twice a week(and that was from a "MANAGERS" own mouth).Because not enough people to do it on a regular basis.

AlanT

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »

Very frustrating for you, but my experience is the complete opposite.

I found them excellent, I've posted well over a thousand items via Ebay and they haven't lost/mislaid one....

I always use First Class Small Packet and allmost all items are delivered next day

I guess they can't please everybody, and there is always the courier Services.

Regards

Alan

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:38:56 pm »

Not Royal mail but I sent out a couple of the boat I sold here on Mayhem, went to the courier website this morning and it said;
'parcels collected and in the local 'hub''.....

"Funny," I though, "they're still on the back seat of my car in the car park!"
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

bikerdude999

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 08:03:38 pm »

I think as with everything, most people only say anything if something is wrong, it very rare to see a post about all the millions of things sent, that get there safely and on time. Never found a problem with prices, sent a complete exhaust system to the south of france, it got there in 5 days, intact, and only cost around £25.

Other couriers are unreliable too, the best I've found is UPS, worst, Parcelfarce, ordered an MP3 player from Jersey via Parcelfarce, took a month to get here. Ordered some shock absorbers from california, via ups + royal mail, and it only took 2 weeks. And when I ordered my Macbook Pro, I ordered it on the wednesday afternoon about 2PM, next day 11AM it had arrived from northern ireland via ups.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:10:10 pm »

Right; there can't be that many car parks in Peterborough - google maps time I think :}
Are you saving for something special Martin or just clearing the decks / making space? I'll have to look at sales board more often.

Back to the point -
UPS have been brilliant at collecting and delivering for me - spot on - unfortunately they are none too good at delivering anything in one piece.
The Post Office are much slower - and delivery guy seems always to prefer leaving a card rather than waiting 5 seconds - but when I go to collect the parcel is at least in one piece and useable. ...... and the usual Postman is a great guy - always has a smile and wants a chat more often than not.

Dave

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 09:51:32 pm »

I lived in Illinois for over 5 years, and we always used the UPS shop. They weighed, packed and insured all my Ebay sales, including a 'valve..not tube' radio which was sent to the UK and arrived 4 days after posting

ps    Just checked again and my parcel posted 27/06/2012 is STILL being processed !

Perhaps they need a 'diamond' geezer at the helm ?

Bill
Making a mistake is not a sign of weakness. Failure to admit to having made a mistake is though !

Power corrupts whilst absolute power corrupts absolutely. Imaginary power is something else entirely !

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 06:55:23 pm »

I lived in Illinois for over 5 years, and we always used the UPS shop. They weighed, packed and insured all my Ebay sales, including a 'valve..not tube' radio which was sent to the UK and arrived 4 days after posting

ps    Just checked again and my parcel posted 27/06/2012 is STILL being processed !

Perhaps they need a 'diamond' geezer at the helm ?

Bill

and STILL being processed although RM crow that MOST 1st class items are delivered next day....mind you   my ISP states that I will receive UP TO 20meg broadband !

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 10:44:43 pm »

my ISP states that I will receive

and in the fullness of time you will - sadly they will by then be offering UP to an even higher rate O0

Dave

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 11:57:52 pm »

I use parcel2go, then select a carrier from the list given, i,ve used this website on numerous occasions, and never had a problem,I,ve sent boats to members on here, and they have always arrived when they said they would arrive,for longer haul destinations,like the USA, i use FedEx,they do a door to door service,and they never took payment from me until the item was safely delivered, 4 years ago, i used them to send a 1/6th scale Kingriger tank, it was approx 6ft long and weighed 95kg, the buyer lived in California,it was sent in a purpose built crate,It was collected from my house on a Friday afternoon at 4pm,and was delivered to the buyers house on the following Tuesday afternoon,and it only cost the buyer,£209 inc vat,..by comparison, Parcelforce Worldwide quoted me £700,
Wullie,s place is an apology free zone

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 06:28:31 am »

I use Parcel2go as well, but dont use the Parcel Force options.... They have an annoying habit of not turning up to collect
Last parcel that came via them had a dent in with a footprint on the box.  Luckily tho the contents were well packed and were not damaged

To P2G's credit, I sent them a photo of the damaged parcel and they credited my account to the value of the postage price.

The P2G/UPS shipping option is usually the cheapest and as yet have not had any issues.
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 09:38:06 am »

Sometimes wonder if UPS drivers arent too bright  www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dWDTaf3Ii8
..well can you land on this?

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 09:55:46 am »

Sometimes wonder if UPS drivers arent too bright  www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dWDTaf3Ii8

LOL! too funny

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 11:48:18 am »

I sense the blue pen quivering in anticipation

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 03:49:39 pm »

there,s more to you than meets the eye Duncan,..and it was laugh, {-) {-) {-) {-)
Wullie,s place is an apology free zone

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 05:38:58 pm »

The Post Office is being deliberately wrecked by the powers that be in order that they have a valid reason to sell it off.

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 06:41:24 pm »

The Post Office is being deliberately wrecked by the powers that be in order that they have a valid reason to sell it off.

I just wish they'd wreck it after MY parcel arrives

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 09:11:18 pm »

A cheeky little number that was Duncan  ;)

Dave

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 10:29:55 pm »

A bum steer if ever I saw one !

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 10:51:33 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAE7uOO_4v4

from 42 seconds on ...............

Dave

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 12:13:56 am »

That clip is, if you ask me, a total lie.....as if Ken has THAT much hair...get away wi ya  !

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 03:48:46 am »

I have heard tell that Ken's organ has been moderated and now has only blue keys - after years of Mod's ink getting onto it
{-) I know you're out there Ken  :police:)

Dave

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 06:29:37 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4rSXqYjNGo

WARNING contains strong language and humour

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 03:32:10 pm »

Fewer and fewer people are availing themselves of their joke of a postal service.

I purchased an item on Ebay and was assured that it had been despatched 1st class next day delivery at 15.00 cost. It arrived after 4 days.

I had cause to return this item (27/06/2012) and despatched it 1st Class recorded delivery, at a cost of 11.25

Below is the notification that was available from the RM website when, after 6 days, I wanted to know whether this item had been delivered yet  !

Please enter your 13 character reference
e.g. AA000100019GB

How to find your reference number 

Item AU292555931GB was posted at Dunwich Drive SN5 8DA on 27/06/12 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

Just like so many other services nowadays....charge more and deliver less...more competition may be required sooner than later !

And today, wonder of wonders. Royal Mail has finally admitted that they have in fact lost my parcel, and have agreed to pay me 46.00 compensation (contents value 50.00) and postage cost (11.25) in full.

Just wonder how they're sending the cheque and if THAT'LL go missing too !

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.