Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: T 22 B3 Build Log 1/96  (Read 2923 times)

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
T 22 B3 Build Log 1/96
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »

Well having dabbled with 'fix it ups', and started a few other projects, I've been getting stuck into my Type 22, probably Campbeltown as that's the one I've actually had a little contact with, but pretty generic rather than as of any particular date.

Aquired a hull that was actually a B2 but modified upto B3 form, along with a bunch of Sirmar fittings (they are I believe quite old) and 'original' but will suffice with a few additions.
I am "working from" a set of Jecobein plans in 1/72 that I am scaling down (up), and have been building 'blocks' in the hope they will eventually all fit together in some reasonable form!!

Biggest proble I have is to keep remembering to allow for the thickness of the card I'm using, 1mm, but luckily a sharp blade and file soon gets things right. Have had a few problems getting a 3D picture from the drawings a couple of times, around the back end of the foremast/Scott area, and most pictures of the real thing aren't much help, but I've managed to find a few builds on various forums and other peoples models have been much more helpful in showing off this area.

The biggest 'useful' tool I have discovered this time is plastic weld..... in the past I've used cyno and struggled with setting times, glued fingers etc..... if only I'd known about plastic weld sooner, it now falls into place how some people can knock up so much build in quick time!!!

Anyway, this will probably be intermittant, at least getting comments and pics up here, but hopefully I can keep it up.

here are a few shots todate - only rough as is pieces, no sanding filling etc as yet, saving that up for an rainy day.......

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
Re: T 22 B3 Build Log 1/96
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 10:02:49 pm »

And a few more.................

Sandy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 05:50:03 pm »

Looks great.  :-))

Ticonderoga

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:59:51 am »

she is looking very nice.  :-)) I like your very neat work with the card. That pesky 1mm can be a real problem at times.....

Andrew

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:34:41 am »

she is looking very nice.  :-)) I like your very neat work with the card. That pesky 1mm can be a real problem at times.....

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

Not had many problems with the 1mm card, other than working the bridge windows - am thinking I may have to try with some thinner card there, or have considered building the frames up with strips of card rather than cutting out the windows method.

Will try and get some more shots soon, though progress has slowed the last week or two for a couple of reasons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.