Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PT Boat slowly progressing  (Read 2063 times)

strokkur

• Shipmate
PT Boat slowly progressing
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:52:20 pm »

Hi All

Thought I'd share my slow progress on my PT Boat.  I have filled  the hull covered with woven glass cloth and a couple of coats of Z Poxy finishing epoxy resin. Spray rails are on as is the foredeck and the coaming. Just waiting for prop shafts and ruddders to be delivered. Once they are in and  aligned I will add the rest of the deck and give it all a final coat of Z Poxy.

Hopefully I will get the main superstructure done this weekend as well. Then I can start thinking about scratch building details as it's built to CBw (Car Boot width) scale.

I've decided to go with 2 540 motors with single ESC to start with to save money but will use Lipos both for lightness now and if (or more likely when) I decide to go the whole brushless hog later I will just need to change motors/ESC for an optimum setup.

Cheers, Sam

Armo61

• Full Mayhemer
Re: PT Boat slowly progressing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 11:17:42 am »

Hello Sam,

Nice work keep it up and lets see the final project in the water.

If you go brushless you could enter it in the fast electrics class , Only Joking.

http://youtu.be/HIUGyNC7lAU

Thats a URL I think they call it of the Vantex 26cc gasser PT109 have a look.

I have posted some pictures of this boat also, we can get them here in Aussie but nearly 800.00 but I think would be a blast and at 1300mm long a great size.
Hope this helps
Charles
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.