Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artesania Latina Eileen  (Read 4801 times)

denret

• Shipmate
Artesania Latina Eileen
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:11:20 pm »

I'm currently building a new (30+ yrs on the shelf) old Artesania Latina Eileen. It's going fairly well considering the wood is well cured and brittle.

Soon I'll be wanting to install the power plant and RC equipment. Here is were I need some help. I've not been able to get much, if any, information from hobby shops. The drawings reference
some vague motor and servo ideas, but because the model so old, this info is of little value. I do know that it will require an electric motor and a single function servo for the rudder.

Can anyone enlighten me or point me a general direction of power plant specs for this model. I believe this model is almost identical in specs to the later "Hellen" model.

Thanks

Cyberdan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Artesania Latina Eileen
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 02:44:06 am »

Just brought back home the built model about an hour ago, some coincidence isn't it. really beautiful. maybe we can exchange information since mine has the motor installed a weird looking prop, that's more suitable for a race boat.

Hany

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 05:58:07 pm »

This Eileen?  I dragged this from the loft about a month ago for a full refurb, just to get my hand in before I go on to my AHTS No plans could be found I don't even know where I obtained it! However it was bread and buttur hull construction, something I have never used so I must have been given it at some point. Mine will be called Emma Jayne (daughters name) when completed, almost finished just a few details to add along with some satin clearcoat on the hull. Like the crew? there are two in the wheelhouse which is illuminated.

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 06:39:15 pm »

I've got the Billings version that I made back in the early eighties ...... I put a Combo Drill motor in it initially, direct drive, a 500 I think and a standard steering servo. I recently restored it , kept the original motor but put a new Electronize  speed controller in and it's still going like a dream. ...  :-)

“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:27:02 pm »

Nice model Mike, any particular reason you went for a Hull registration number for the model? H96 by the way has been used by two boats in the past, the Victoria and the Lord Chelmsford.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.