Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Chichester Canal Endurance event  (Read 32249 times)

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Chichester Canal Endurance event?!
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 12:34:35 pm »

The canal is rarely wider than 10 metres so a throwing line per operator (bring your own?) wouldnt be a bad idea..
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »

if you do need a safety boat i can come if got an x sailing  dinghy safety boat , not a rib but small in size creates no wash and im more than qualified ive got power level 2 and the only thing stoping me get intermediate is my age   only 3 years to wait   and the canals easy to get to quick motor up by the back of hailing island (not the quickest route but safer)  and motor up the canal to meet point it would be a great trip to put in my log book and ive been wanting to do it for ages   mite have two buy myself another fuel can as my engine tank take 6l and the can ive got takes 6l   but i don't think that'll be quite enough

kk
ps: for those wondering my real boats are a lot better and more reliable than my models  :-)

unbuiltnautilus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 04:43:27 pm »

You may need wheels on your boat. The canal has no access from Chichester to the marina at the moment {:-{

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 04:46:40 pm »

topic renamed    :-)

Tentative dates?

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 07:24:17 pm »

really ? well I got a proper road trailer. does anyone have a tow bar ?  alan ?

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 07:53:43 pm »

if you do need a safety boat i can come if got an x sailing  dinghy safety boat , not a rib but small in size creates no wash and im more than qualified ive got power level 2 and the only thing stoping me get intermediate is my age   only 3 years to wait   and the canals easy to get to quick motor up by the back of hailing island (not the quickest route but safer)  and motor up the canal to meet point it would be a great trip to put in my log book and ive been wanting to do it for ages   mite have two buy myself another fuel can as my engine tank take 6l and the can ive got takes 6l   but i don't think that'll be quite enough

kk
ps: for those wondering my real boats are a lot better and more reliable than my models  :-)

Hi thanks again for the offer but we are sorted for the saftey, cant have to many larger boats on the canal or the people fishing will most probley linch me.

Oh the other hand yes if people want to bring something to chuck at there model ( Ofcourse your own model ! ) %) by all means, but if you get charged a fishing fee for the day thats off your own back, help will be on hand in a few diffrent ways to get boats back from the other side  :-)) Im sure most people will have good common sense as to if there boat looks to be slowin down and to bring it in

The date will added by sunday this week  :-)

Thanks martin for renaming it and highlightin some parts  :-))

Dan

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 05:04:31 pm »

Just been messin about with the spearfish and on a not so fully charged 6v 10 amp battery its been running well over an hour at abit more than walking pace, its still going will leave it till she stops or if i get bored waiting  %)

I didnt think it would last so long so i guess most people will easly be finishing the run  :-))

Dan

AlanT

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 05:07:16 pm »

Sounds like fun.....Interested in the date you suggest.

Regards
Alan

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 06:29:49 pm »

It's heck of a drive from Peterboro'...

........... but I might just come!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Yarpie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 09:14:10 pm »

Dan (and John), it's a venture like this that has encouraged me to rejoin the site. :-))

It appears well thought out and very viable. Close to home as well. So very well done to both of you.

I can offer you two 1:72 scale battleships, one 1:72 scale aircraft carrier, three Corvettes and one WWII Destroyer (complete with operators) to form a little convoy group up the canal. I am convinced this group will last the course and hopefully remain in group.

One battleship is currently building at the moment, but is not too far from completion.

Regards,

Sandy.

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 09:30:43 pm »

Hi Sandy, nice one on the rejoin  :-)) Thanks for your kind words also

Sounds like you have a fair few people and boats, thats totally ace. Was hoping for around 5 to 10 people never in my dreams thought we could get as much intreast as we have had. As it stands i would guess we are gettin close to the 20 mark  :-) Spesh if Martin comes ( you know it makes sense   :-)) )

The spearfish was still going strong at 3 1/2 hours  %% in the end gave up and took it out the pool

Dan

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 04:37:02 pm »

any news on a date? 

my fear is i may be off on holiday !!!
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 05:32:31 pm »

Hi Guy

Sorry nothing else has been added, have not had a chance to get along to the canal again to see the local club, silly touch, and great south run has shut most of Portsmouth the last two Sundays and its a night mare to get out

Never the less    we are looking at September the 15th or 16th. 15th being a Saturday, with a back up day on the 16th Sunday in case the weather is bad

Failing the whole weekend is a rain fest A back up Weekend of the 06th and 07th of October would be put into place

Let us know if your about if to many people cant do September then we can always use the October weekend

All the best

Daniel

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 05:52:01 pm »

ok, back off holiday so looks like we can make those dates- but i think september dates may clash with hop farm show in kent ?
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

AlanT

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 06:30:12 pm »

Sorry off on holiday on the 15th....Shame should be a great fun event..Would have been ideal for my converted Seaport Tug "Rosie".
Maybe next year?...

Regards

Alan

Yarpie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 07:02:25 pm »

I shall consult with my fleet Commanders regarding proposed dates. %)

Generally, they are all for it and I reckon they can slot the dates in quite easily.

Keep up the good work Dan and John. Looking forward to the event. :-))

Sandy; Robbie; Richard; Gary; Brian and Denis.

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2012, 07:27:19 am »

this should be a good amble along the towpath , ive looked at the path , to see its wheelchair ( mobility scooter ) freindly , we just have to book the good weather for the event  !

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2012, 11:36:14 pm »

Its been so bad at the start of the year mabye nicer to the end?  %)

If it goes well cant see why it shouldnt be a yearly thing  :-))

Dan

aeronut

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »

Sounds like it could be an interesting day - I'd love to do it with my steam launch, but I think it would need too much fiddling about with, so will probably bring my tug instead. Just looking around the area in Google Earth, it looks like many of the on-street parking restrictions don't apply on Sundays, so maybe a Sunday would be a better choice?
Gordon
Gordon

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 01:54:56 pm »

Just had alooky on good earth and from what it shows on there nearly 50% has changed, there are alot of new buildings that have been built south, southwest of the basin so all that car parkin there has gone ( the part that runs from the basin along the tow path to the street/houses ) Thats all new builds now. Not to sure if i have got parkin turned off on my google earth but i cant see much in the way of parkin restrictions? Along the north side of the basin it does say something about monday to sat from what it shows on the lamp posts on google earth but then on a sunday when more canal users and the local club will be about the parkin there is going to be gone most likely ( the horors of using such a nice place is the other people wanting to be there )

Dan

unbuiltnautilus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 03:55:12 pm »

Quick suggestion, once you have fixed a date, start collecting frequencies from those attending. There are bound to be a number on 2.4G, but to avoid dissapointment for those not blessed with that and still relying on crystals, maybe run the list on here?

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 06:16:11 pm »

thanks alan , sugestion noted a very good idea , and one we would have possibly over looked as most people have gone the 2.4 ghz route

unbuiltnautilus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 06:32:10 pm »

Old hand, mate...been doing this stuff for more years than a sane person should %%

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »

Quick suggestion, once you have fixed a date, start collecting frequencies from those attending. There are bound to be a number on 2.4G, but to avoid dissapointment for those not blessed with that and still relying on crystals, maybe run the list on here?

Nice one  :-)) Was ponderin over this the other day but had over looked it in detail

This is the place the run is being ( run from ) may be a problem if word of mouth gets around that we are doing something and others turn up, which are ofcourse very welcome but we will need to do something on the day as well to try and keep it problem free

Dan

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2012, 11:23:53 am »

could all modellers who wish to attend this event please post your proposed radio frequency either online or via pm to either dan or myself ? personally all of my own models use 2.4 ghz , but i understand some fellow modellers are still using either 27 or 40 mhz  , we would rather allow people to operate on the day rather than sit on the bankside spectating !  jon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.