Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Chichester Canal Endurance event  (Read 32254 times)

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Chichester Canal Endurance event?!
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2012, 03:48:48 pm »

WITH HOP FARM NOW CANCELLED YOU MAY FIND NUMBERS RISING !!
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

Yarpie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »

What's the reason for that Guy??

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2012, 05:07:19 pm »

Insurance, music festival, not being allowed to fly RC stuff over hippies, that sort of thing...I may be paraphrasing though...
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Yarpie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2012, 05:41:30 pm »

Insurance, music festival, not being allowed to fly RC stuff over hippies, that sort of thing...I may be paraphrasing though...

No answer to that. {:-{

Very sad state of affairs.

Yarpie.

unbuiltnautilus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2012, 06:00:37 pm »

The flying boys have been suffering cancellation after cancellation through the year, due mostly to weather related issues. its lucky for us that excessive water is not such an issue for boat modelling.

Yarpie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2012, 07:12:13 pm »

......................... its lucky for us that excessive water is not such an issue for boat modelling.

Not always the case at Canoe Lake, Southsea. O0 {-) %%  But we get there. ok2

I do feel for the organisers.  Especially for a big show like Hop Farm.:((

Let's hope Chichester is a success.

Yarpie.

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2012, 08:17:37 pm »

recovery isnt a problem , dan is going to use his canoe , ive also got chest waders , if youd prefer to launch from the pontoons thats ok with us , the trust requests that modellers vacate the pontoons should a full sized vessel require them . jon

Yarpie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2012, 09:24:28 pm »

Cheers for that Jon. :-))

Yarpie.

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2012, 08:07:54 am »

not a problem yarpie , ive just checked with dan , were going to usse a rubber tender with an outboard , so should be a better stable platform .

nick_75au

• Full Mayhemer
    • Logan City Marine Modellers
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2012, 09:29:42 am »

I would love to do this event, Unfortunately its a little far for me to come. 1/48 scale of angry FFG  would look good powering down the canal :-))

Good luck to all the participants.

Cheers
Nick

bat44

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2012, 10:04:48 am »

Will be there with my springer tug if all go's well , runing two 6volt 12amp and on 2.4 so should make the distance ok

Bat44

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »

At this point in time 2115 on the 08/09/2012 the Chichester canal run is canceled due to chichester canal model boat club having a bee in there bonet about something and kickin up such a fuss its startin to get boring

I do not know how they think we are making money or such like for doing this FREE FUN run along the canal and back, to which out of my own pocket i was going to buy 1st,2nd,3rd prizes for the sailing boats

Thanks to John for trying to help make this run happen while i wasnt about so much, and Alan, Unbuiltnautilus and everyone else thats helped in any way. Shame that some people that also like the hobby have to mess it up for others trying to do a like minded thing

I myself and truely sorry to those that have wanted todo this run with like minded modelers, we were just trying to do something nice for the hobby and the forum

Keep an eye on here for an update, im trying to make head or tails of this at the moment

Thank you

Daniel

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
Re: chichester canal endurance run
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2012, 09:28:51 pm »

At this point in time 2115 on the 08/09/2012 the Chichester canal run is canceled due to chichester canal model boat club having a bee in there bonet about something and kickin up such a fuss its startin to get boring

I do not know how they think we are making money or such like for doing this FREE FUN run along the canal and back, to which out of my own pocket i was going to buy 1st,2nd,3rd prizes for the sailing boats

Thanks to John for trying to help make this run happen while i wasnt about so much, and Alan, Unbuiltnautilus and everyone else thats helped in any way. Shame that some people that also like the hobby have to mess it up for others trying to do a like minded thing

I myself and truely sorry to those that have wanted todo this run with like minded modelers, we were just trying to do something nice for the hobby and the forum

Keep an eye on here for an update, im trying to make head or tails of this at the moment

Thank you

Daniel

Stavros

« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2012, 09:48:05 pm »

Hang on a minute they have NO right to stop ANYONE organising an event on the canal I would just do it and tell them WHERE to go

Dave

bikerdude999

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2012, 10:32:42 pm »

Hang on a minute they have NO right to stop ANYONE organising an event on the canal I would just do it and tell them WHERE to go

Dave

Definitely agree, it's not their canal, tell 'em to shove it.

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2012, 08:31:36 am »

the club who use the basin seem to feel they have sole right to the waterway , the canal trust has a different idea in that modellers can use the canal , the latest round of poop stirring has come through one of the club members , ive yet to receive any feedback from the canal trust as i was out driving last night . if we can reserect the event we will

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2012, 09:02:04 am »

even if there is a trust, and they run and maintain the canal, all canals in this country ( so I am led to believe from many years of using them with my Narrow boat) were administered and owned by British Waterways until 2nd July, 2012 when that operation was passed over to  the Canal & River Trust.

And it is ONLY THEM who can now stop you from using that or any canal. It would be enlightening for you and them for you to telephone them (see here  http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/  ) and tell them what this club is trying to pull on you........I would also write a recorded delivery letter to that club and tell them of your intentions.......they might just have a teenzy weenzy change of heart, and very quickly...............

always pays to go to the top dog,their bite is meanest, lol

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2012, 10:03:16 am »

Thanks for all the coments, as Jon has said we will try and sort something out, the main problem for runin such a thing is if their are people there on the day from the chich club that kick off its not fair on the forum members to be involed. Would be nice to get things sorted before the run

Do kinda find it hard why a few modelers cant play nicely in over 2 miles of water?  %% even more so as the chich club dont even use the canal only the basin...

Trying it keep it all nice and friendly as this is being posted on the forum and dont want to drag it or anyone into a moaning match with outside partys as thats not sporting  :police:

Updates will be posted when we work something out

Thanks

Daniel

bat44

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2012, 10:11:01 am »

if you went to the canal trust and they said it was ok to run on the canal then what is the problem , ok you might p#** of the canal club but as they don't own the canal what can they say.what i can not understand is why make a fuss now how long have you been talking about this, are they upset because they did not come up with the idea. all we want to do is sail a model boat on a bit of water and have a bit of fun doing it.did any one from the canal club say they would do the run as well ? we just lost one show to go to , come on guys play fair if this goes right it could turn into some thing good for model boating as well as for the canal trust. SO CAN WE COME AND PLAY?        

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2012, 10:20:53 am »

even if there is a trust, and they run and maintain the canal, all canals in this country ( so I am led to believe from many years of using them with my Narrow boat) were administered and owned by British Waterways until 2nd July, 2012 when that operation was passed over to  the Canal & River Trust.

Don't think so in this case. West Sussex County Council are listed as owning the canal and they lease it to the Chichester Ship Canal Trust: http://chichestercanal.org.uk/About-the-Trust.php

So I would think that the Trust would have the final say. Presumably they have some sort of written agreement with the local club for use of the canal by model boats.

Colin

Yarpie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2012, 03:07:14 pm »

Daniel and Jon.

Can you give us "interested parties" a better idea of what the Chichester MBC's objections are?

Have you received notification from their Chairman or Secretary outlining their objections?

Are there Health and Safety issues?

Or do they consider this endurance event an invasion of their territory?

Was my and my wife's visit last week influential in this, where we only spoke convivially to members of the Canal Trust? We did mention we were looking at parking provisions prior to the event on the 15th September. They certainly seemed supportive of our event.

Can we have confirmation that this event is either going ahead or cancelled by around 18:00 this coming Tuesday please, so that I can inform members of the Battlegroup in good time. :-))

But, irrespective of whether or not this event goes ahead, many thanks for your organisation of this great bit of initiaive. We all want it to succeed.

Cheers to you both. :-))

Yarpie.

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2012, 09:03:28 pm »

yarpie , i received an email from alan ( unbiult ) yesterday in which a member from the canal club had been into the shop claiming the trust knew nothing of our interntions , and to disassociate themselves with the event , ive exchanged several emails with the same person at the canal trust over a number of weeks , an advertising poster was sent this week to her for putting in the shop /cafe . following the mail from alan ive sent another mail to her but being a sunday im still awaiting answers .  as soon as i have answers i will pass them onto those who would still like to participate . like many of you i was looking forward to sailing the stretch of water  in good company with like minded people . jon

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »

ive just received an email from the canal trust , who are more than happy for our event to go ahead as planned next weekend ! the club are also aware of the event . im not sure if wires have been crossed between the trust and the club  , or weather a club member is trying to stir poop  , ive sent dan a message , hopefully we will all be present next saturday ? jon

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2012, 10:53:31 pm »

Yes Yes Yes

Thank you to Jon and Alan/Unbuilt, and i hope everyone will thank them also for the help they have put in, to make some sense of all this random going ons.

Each day we seem to come across some randomness todo with the trust or the local club and head scratching often goes on

As far as we are concerned the run will take place on the 15th at 1/2pm as stated on here, with the trusts FULL backing

For the love of god please let the weather be nice ( pritty please )

Thanks

Dan

unbuiltnautilus

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Chichester Canal Endurance event
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2012, 12:59:49 pm »

Spoke to the nice lady at the trust on Saturday night, very keen. I also 'volunteered' the team members to restore a 48" model narrow boat, I am so good....think I got ambushed there :o
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.