Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deans Marine PBR at 1/24 scale  (Read 3435 times)

kendalboatsman

Deans Marine PBR at 1/24 scale
« on: March 13, 2007, 09:33:39 am »

Hi,

I purchased this kit back in 2000 and it was one of the early release kits. I started building it when I moved back to Hereford after my Dad died. 8 months later I was asked by my previous employer in Kendal to go back so I did, had a ground floor flat with no room for a workshop so did a little bit more in 2001. Then I moved to Birmingham having met the lovely lady who I later married. Finally 7 years on I have just built a workbench and started work on the various projects I stored. Having started off the TID I am awaiting parts so I have moved back to the PBR and hope to finish it real soon.

So far the PBR has rudder, shaft and internal parts fitted. The hull top half is cut but needs sanding and gluing on. I am also modifying the kit as I go along for a closer scale appearance.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/408040764_6e31ce1044.jpg

Regards
Clive

kendalboatsman

Re: Deans Marine PBR at 1/24 scale
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 09:24:12 pm »

The work has been continuing at the rate of 1 hour per day in between decorating and working most weekends.

I have added some of the detail to the cockpit area and I am currently making the helm and throttle control panel and the "side tanks" for the stern well. At this rate I might get to sail it in 2010 ;D

Being a bit more serious though, I hope to get it running for the Mayhem weekend as I have done a lot in the last 2 weeks.

Clive :)

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:22:06 pm »

Clive,
Even an hour a day will get you there and give you a "relaxing" hour.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

kendalboatsman

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 07:07:01 am »

Clive,
Even an hour a day will get you there and give you a "relaxing" hour.

Bob

Hi Bob,

The relaxation is the reason I do it. I start off thinking will just glue this piece here and leave it and an hour later I think oops didn't mean to be here that long. ;D

I think there is some kind of time warp thingy lurking in model workshops ;D Funny how 5 mins always turns into an hour or two.

kendalboatsman

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 10:42:52 am »

The Springer Tug has taken up all my modelling time, but I managed an hour this morning. Motor is soldered up and fitted and propshaft connected up. Now I can give it an open top test in the bath and then start to glue the top deck down and get on with the finishing process.  I have also been adding extra detailing to the boat and have built the well deck tanks? I have also done more on detailing the cockpit area.

If anyone else has built one of these any help and advice is always welcome.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.