Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battleclass Destroyer Plans  (Read 3157 times)

Navigator

• Full Mayhemer
  • Everybody Down!
Battleclass Destroyer Plans
« on: April 22, 2007, 11:01:22 am »

I am looking for a copy of the plans and, if possible, the article for HMS Lagos designed by Glynn Guest as supplied free With Radio Control Model Boats July/August 1986 issue.

I would be more than happy to pay for any copy and postage fees etc.

Most grateful for any help.
Thanks.
Lefthand down a bit..........

Cheers
Dave

MartinH-K

Re: Battleclass Destroyer Plans
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:54:53 pm »

Me too... did you ever have any luck? <:(

pugwash

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:22:57 pm »

I have the plans of HMS Solebay as supplied with the Deans marine Kit.  I haven't used them as I  had to draw up my own plans for a Battleclass radar picket.
They are 1/96 scale giving a model about 47 1/2 inches long.  They do not contain hull line plans as obviously the  hull is supplied with the kit.
For reference I used Patrick Boniface "Battle Class Destroyers" available from maritime books and Peters Hodges "battle class destroyers" usually available
on Abebooks or UK books website second hand for just a few quid.
The plans for Lagos and all the other unconverted battle class destroyers are available from NMM but they are pricey.
I only have one copy though so if they are of any interest sort it out between you and then PM me.
Geoff

GG

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »

I believe the item advertised on EBay is an unauthorised copy of my original plan/article.
Please feel free to purchase this item if you do not believe in copyright and intellectual property rights.
It might be best to wait a while as I think MyHobbyStores (the current owners of the Model Boats magazine) are planning to "recover" some of the plans that have been "lost" over the years.
Glynn Guest
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.