Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, I'm new.  (Read 1276 times)

Manfjourde

• Full Mayhemer
Hello, I'm new.
« on: July 19, 2012, 07:14:26 am »

My name is Spencer and am from Utah, USA. I have been building monster trucks and crawlers for the past 10 years. I recently got an Anarchy airboat and am about to fiberglass the thing and get some electronics.

Let me just say that I have fallen on love with the 50s and 60s cabin cruisers. I'm a fan of Father Goose and love his boat! Anyway, I built some boats with my father who passed away in 2005 but it was more him building with me there. I still love racing my Clodbusters and crawling but I have been bitten by the boat bug. 

I have an Aerokits Sea Nymph kit on its way as well as plans for a Commander and Swordsman. Once I finish the airboat I'll move onto the Nymph and I'm sure I'll have plenty of noob questions. I've been lurking and reading like a mad man over the past couple weeks;)

I do have a question - are the Swordsman PDF files available somehow?

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
Re: Hello, I'm new.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 08:44:15 am »

I have an Aerokits Sea Nymph kit on its way as well as plans for a Commander and Swordsman. Once I finish the airboat I'll move onto the Nymph and I'm sure I'll have plenty of noob questions. I've been lurking and reading like a mad man over the past couple weeks;)

Welcome and you've chosen some classic boats to start with, with the Sea Nymph, Commander and Swordsman, they will keep you busy for a while  :}  Is the Sea Nymph an old kit or one of the recently released ones from the Vintage Model Boat Company? I recently made their Sea Scout, ( http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35321.0) so if you have any queries on techniques just shout and there's plenty of guys here involved with the Commander and Swordsman  .... Have Fun !  :D
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

Manfjourde

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello, I'm new.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »

Thanks for the reply and the link - nice build btw. That will help me, I almost got the scout too but shipping was outrageous:(. Mine is the needed kit for vintage - so excited!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.